Howdy folks!

Just finished making my first knife sheath, nothing fancy really, it's pretty thick though, about half inch, just an attempt to make a functional one, the large loop was meant to wear on a normal belt and on a 2 1/2 gun belt.

I've used extra-virgin olive oil to darken the leather.

Tell me what do you think

Cheers from Italy

post-52032-0-19500000-1424605109_thumb.j

post-52032-0-91788000-1424605126_thumb.j

post-52032-0-86125700-1424605142_thumb.j

Edited by Bruno Rock

Looks real good Pardner. The thickness is key to make the knife slide in and out without the hand guard binding up with the belt loop. Looks like you nailed it.

Great work as always.

Jim

It looks great, Bruno. What are the scales on that knife made out of? Some kind of antler?

complements the knife very well. like the choice of the white stitching

@ Jim, I forgot to mention that I've found in this topic (http://leatherworker.net/forum/index.php?showtopic=53139&hl=) a guide that you wrote and, as always, was a big help for me, especially in making the welt! So once again thank you for the excellent guide you make and for all the help you have provided to this beginner leatherworker!

@ Monica, It's just plastic...mocked up as a deer horn, it's a cheap knife that I bought for 4 euro in a hardware store clearance, despite the handle, the blade is pretty good, it also comes with a really lousy sheath, so I decided to pick the challange and make a proper sheat - also as soon I can get my hands on some deer horn - I'm planning to make a proper handle!

@ Norton Custom Leather, thank you! I think white stitching makes the finished product much neater !

Looks very nice. I've been thinking of trying olive oil. Do you use a top coat?

I've put a light coat of acrylic resolene as a finish... I took a risk... I don't know exactly what should be used to seal leather with EVOO...

Looks nice, I like it. Was the olive oil the only thing you used to darken it? I've tried olive oil before but it didn't darken in that much. Did you soak it in the stuff? I'd like to use more natural dyes like that but haven't been able to achieve that type of darker hue.