Sign in to follow this  
Tac

Latest Revolver Holster

I have been making a version of the "Askin's Avenger" Holster for a while now, but to date, had never had a request for one for a revolver.... I have always made them for full size auto's, as the design is well suited to carrying a heavy gun and it works for both open and concealed carry.

I just completed my first "Avenger" for a revolver and it turned out nice. I had to tweak my pattern a bit and this is the first one from that new pattern.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j296/Tac56/100_0885.jpg

The gun is a S&W model 625-8 "Jerry Micklek" edition .45 ACP. It's an "N" frame revolver in stainless, that even with just a 4 inch barrel, is heavy. The holster works well in tucking in the butt of the gun and carrying it's weight without flopping or drooping.

Just thought I would share.

I like it Tac. That's a kick ass gun.

Art

I have been making a version of the "Askin's Avenger" Holster for a while now, but to date, had never had a request for one for a revolver.... I have always made them for full size auto's, as the design is well suited to carrying a heavy gun and it works for both open and concealed carry.

Tac,

nice job, the customer should be very happy!

Rick J.

Good looking holster, and very nice job on the color. I think a little more room in it would let the gun sit a bit deeper in the holster, fully covering the trigger.

Good looking holster, and very nice job on the color. I think a little more room in it would let the gun sit a bit deeper in the holster, fully covering the trigger.

Tac

That's one fine looking holster. When I started in law enforcement 32 years ago the standard carry holster was the Don Hume Jordan River Holster. The holster was very fast, but had a fully exposed trigger guard.

I referred to that holster as "the widow maker."

Holster design has really come along way.

Randy

Thanks Guys... the holster works well and has a decent amount of retention. It was a first attempt at that pattern, so I plan on improving on the stitch line. As for the partially exposed trigger, it was requested by the customer that the front of the holster go no further than the back of the cylinder and the back of the trigger..... so that's were I stopped. If the whole of the trigger had been exposed, I would have put up more resistance and tried to talk some logic into the customer, but this man has been carrying a revolver for more years that I have been on the planet, and he knew exactly what he wanted. He was pleased.... so I guess I should be happy with that.

I don't get many requests for revolver holsters that aren't for a j-frame .38, so I was breaking new ground here... :)