I'm going to try and attach some pictures of my first products. I have been leather working since Jan 1st, and love the heck out of it. Some good, some bad, but I'm learning lots by trial and error. Glad I found this website, its been a great help.

post-8682-0-19227200-1426632566_thumb.jp

post-8682-0-47109800-1426632586_thumb.jp

post-8682-0-09933000-1426632607_thumb.jp

post-8682-0-89376200-1426632625_thumb.jp

post-8682-0-92044900-1426632648_thumb.jp

post-8682-0-48145400-1426632669_thumb.jp

post-8682-0-11523500-1426632692_thumb.jp

post-8682-0-87845200-1426632708_thumb.jp

post-8682-0-79135000-1426632739_thumb.jp

post-8682-0-83659100-1426632760_thumb.jp

post-8682-0-05123600-1426632782_thumb.jp

post-8682-0-63940100-1426632869_thumb.jp

Nice stuff! The wallet with double pockets looks particularly nice and the stitching is looking good. Keep it up, you are on the right track.

Pretty awesome for just three months in. Keep up the good work!

I'll add some thoughts for you to ponder. Opinions of course, your taste may vary. First, while I love contrasting stitching, mix it up a bit and try black thread on black, black thread on brown, etc. variety is nice.

Also, I prefer stitching closer to the edge and several of your works are drifting pretty far inward. You may like that, but think it over, compare and see what you like. The ammo box and one of the phone slips look about perfect distance to my eyes.

Keep working on your edges, some look like they could stand just a bit more sanding perhaps.

As Monica said, for three months, looking awesome.

Great, thanks a lot. Sanding the edges?, I haven't tried that yet, I just wet than and slick them. Do you sand by hand? Approx what grit?

Rusticbob

Great, thanks a lot. Sanding the edges?, I haven't tried that yet, I just wet than and slick them. Do you sand by hand? Approx what grit?

Rusticbob

Looks great! Nice stitching and all. I use a Dremel with the small sanding drum. Glue, sand, bevel edges, then burnish with saddle soapy water on my wooden burnisher.

Lots of methods of sanding. Experiment. Dremel is good. Some use belt sanders, sand paper, sanding sponges, you name it!

good work. Is #5 a cigar case? Where did you find the plastic insert? I've been wanting to make a couple of those for my cigar smoking buddies.

Very nice stuff there! As others have said, the stitching looks really tight. If I had to pick on something, I'd keep an eye on the curves on your pieces, in some spots you can pick out where you made one cut and then came in from a different direction, so instead of a smooth arc there's a slight point to it. Very minor though, and I'm sure you'll keep on improving. You're doing far better than I was in that short a time!

Regarding the rounded corners, there are punches available that help with this. Springfield Leather Company has an inexpensive line now that is worth looking into. Also, don't know how you are fashioning your corners but the way I like is to gather a bunch of thick metal washers of various diameters and place them on the corner, square with the edges of the leather. There will be a small piece peeking out that needs to be removed. Take a super sharp blade and make a series of straight cuts until all of the exposed leather is gone. Keep the blade vertical, don't lean into or away from the washer. You will be able to make perfect rounded corners that match each other perfectly.

I am a newb to this board, but have been leather working for a while and would offer these thoughts.

I started out making items where I did not finish the inside, and I see that a couple of your pieces are this way. Now, I at the very least will throw some Tan Kote on the inside 'flesh side' leather on items even if I am not going to see them. I just think it looks better made when all the surfaces are somewhat the same color. Having a dyed outer skin and nothing on the inside has killed a couple of my projects.

Also, the only other thing that has not been mentioned is the stitching consistency. You have some great stitching, but it kind of flip flops, so make sure your very consistent with what side of the stitch your pulling needles.

They all look great though. Keep up the good work and throw some fire into it and tool something ;)