bruce johnson

Some recent stuff

It has been a while since I posted anything recently finished. The briefcase is one I bought and covered the front. It is secured with 3/8 HiDome conchos. I have done quite a few of these over the last several years. A reasonable alternative to someone who doesn't want a fully covered one. They hold up alright, I carried my last one for quite a while. I had one customer whose horse stepped through the back of his. I just attached the front to another one and salvaged that deal for him.

I am pretty happy with the rope can too. I have dislocated my right thumb three times in two years. Doing any more than a couple floral elements was hitting the wall. I had some time out of the shop with remodeling and fixing up our place, did some physical therapy, and the rest probably helped more than anything. I did the can in one sitting and felt like I could have done another. This is the first full floral anything bigger than a checkbook I have done in two years. It isn't my best ever, but it is going in the right direction.

IMG_0003.JPG

IMG_0012.jpg

post-29-1227069394_thumb.jpg

post-29-1227069415_thumb.jpg

It has been a while since I posted anything recently finished. The briefcase is one I bought and covered the front. It is secured with 3/8 HiDome conchos. I have done quite a few of these over the last several years. A reasonable alternative to someone who doesn't want a fully covered one. They hold up alright, I carried my last one for quite a while. I had one customer whose horse stepped through the back of his. I just attached the front to another one and salvaged that deal for him.

I am pretty happy with the rope can too. I have dislocated my right thumb three times in two years. Doing any more than a couple floral elements was hitting the wall. I had some time out of the shop with remodeling and fixing up our place, did some physical therapy, and the rest probably helped more than anything. I did the can in one sitting and felt like I could have done another. This is the first full floral anything bigger than a checkbook I have done in two years. It isn't my best ever, but it is going in the right direction.

Bruce,Nice job on both items.I know how it is to work when your hands hurt.This spring I had tendon problems in my left hand,took 6 weeks to heal.

i have too agree with ya bruce that rope can is sweet man!! :gun:

darryl

fantastic work very stolman like.

Thanks for showing

Joshua

Edited by jbird

They both look great Bruce! Flower centers really stand out!

Great Job on both projects!

What a clever idea on the briefcase. Never would have thought

to do something like that... just shows what one can do when you

think outside the box

JoAnn

Great looking stuff Bruce!!

I really dig the ropecan and the briefcase looks great too. Pro stuff!

Tom

Nice work Bruce! I was wondering how you attach the little silver flower centers? Do you buy them pre made, or make them yourself?

Steve

Thanks for the compliments. I appreciate it. The silver centers are small engraved conchos from Hansens. They have a Chicago screw post on them and go through the lid. I use these little conchos a fair amount. They are not all that pricey and really dress up a piece instead of using a plain Chicago screw.

Great work Bruce. I've done a couple of rope cans and some goat string cans for the nephew and nieces but no where near the level of your work.

Thanks for sharing.

As always, very nice work.

Randy

If that's "going in the right direction", I must be lost...lol!

Real nice job on the lettering, the ropework, and the wood grain (best I've seen)..

It all looks great Bruce!!!

How do you attach the leather to the rope can??

Thanks,

Tim

OMG Bruce, :You_Rock_Emoticon: Your work looks great! Glad to hear your on the mend, Alan