I'm fairly new to the leather working world and these are my first projects ever. I have been working on them over the last few weeks in my spare time - 100% hobby, not a professional. Rifle scabbard for a .22 lever action (10oz hand oiled and waxed veg tan) and rifle sling for 270 (8oz antiqued veg tanned). The hand stitching on the scabbard was a bear but finished it up after a handful of hours or so. Please offer advice, pointers, and feedback. Thanks for taking a look!

post-59442-0-56661400-1428852713_thumb.j

post-59442-0-44903500-1428852715_thumb.j

Very Nice!

I really like the sling...The colors are awesome!

Thanks Bruce! I appreciate the feedback.

He may have used d-rings on the back Troy or attaches the strap with Siemens air-hooks ;)

Looks good, but I think you need a border stamp. Why no straps on the scabbart?

Troy, I was planning on a border stamp but this leather wouldn't hold the tooling. What is your preference design on a border stamp? I also had planned a design over the trigger/butt of the gun but decided against it after a test piece. The leather was purchased already oiled and waxed. Lesson learned. Good question about the straps. The original design had straps incorporated but my friend asked to remove them.

He may have used d-rings on the back Troy or attaches the strap with Siemens air-hooks ;)

I was sent looking for a sky hook when I was 15. First job and I fell for it. lol

Doc, I normally use one of the starburst type border tools. I wonder how your friend is going to use this without straps but I guess he has his reasons.

You've done some nice beginning work, congratulations !

I want to make a rifle sling too , but, too many other projects in front of that. I got my fingers crossed though.

----------------------------- Wild Bill46