TomSwede

More Kaos bracers

Paul decided it was time to have some new bracers based upon the chaos symbol.

I'm not sure I like this symbol because there are unexpected difficulties everytime I do this one, lol.

Anyways after two steps forward, one stap back production here they are, just above 2 ½" in height.

Comments and criticism are welcome!

smallkaos7a.jpg

smallkaos7b.jpg

smallkaos7c.jpg

smallkaos2b.jpg

post-5146-1227200449_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1227200459_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1227200469_thumb.jpg

post-5146-1227200542_thumb.jpg

Edited by TomSwede

Tom, They're just like the rest of your stuff.... Amazing!

Does anyone over there NOT have one of your bracers yet?...lol

I like the flames on the edge. Mine always come out too rounded

Thanks guys!!

Bracer business has been good and I think more orders is on the inbound and also requests to come party with my customers, lol. That's fun and I'm not the one to spit in the glass so I'm gonna grab my Ambassador and go down and show them the Northlander way of drinking;-)

rdb: those flames is actually not flames but more like a development of some wavepatterns I used on the bootstrap and possibly on something else.

Tom

How did you get the multi tones colors in the texture. Did you dye it then stain it? I love the two toned texturing it makes the the design pop!

How did you get the multi tones colors in the texture. Did you dye it then stain it? I love the two toned texturing it makes the the design pop!

Thank you Darkdreams!!!

Second time I'm asked on this one better spill out to all of you. I'm a man without leatherworking secrets.

The red/black dye effect is easy I call it black lava or red asphalt, can't decide wich is more suiting. Anyways I just do the backgrounding with the tool that I can't rember the number for (I'm at work) and once dry and wetformed I apply diluted (alcohol) Fiebings red pro oil dye with a brush, nevermind if it gets streaky. Then 2 coats of Fiebings acrylic leather sheen and let it dry overnight and then I used to apply Tandys saddletan wich is discontinued now so I used this time the Tandy mahogany stain wich I have two cans left of. Let it sit until completely dry and then wipe it off with a damp cloth on a flat sponge. Remember to not use the cloth when it gets to dirty, swap it with a fresh one. Lastly I put the cloth around my finger and wipe detail where I feel it is necessary (in this case important to make them as identical possible, think I got pretty close to) and then buff the hell out of it, once dry. Seal it with acrylic sealer and buff it again.

Sidenote: when I have layed down the backrounding I tilt the stamp and wack it really hard here and there to create some really deep and crisper irregular "holes" wich adds more to the texture. Remember to spin the tool to use different sides of it. Gives the look of old asphalt when it is frayed and cracked up here and there.

Tom

Edited by TomSwede

I can't rember the number for (I'm at work)

Tom

ah huh...slackin at the job eh??...btw i seen some cool fuzzy slippers in another thread...you may want to make your self a pair bro!! hehe

anyways...cool bracers as always...now get back to work slacker!!

cheers :cheers:

He he my work is good somedays (nights) and worse other times!!

Thanks bro, yeah gotta find my slippers now;-)

Tom

Hey Tom, those bracers are too awesome....love the two toned red and black dye job.....i just got that backgrounder tool and I love it!!!

Looking forward to seeing some more stuff!

TOM YOU HAVE CAME A LONGGGG WAYYYY........YOUR WORK IS AWSUM,

EVERYTHING YOU DO IS BETTER THAN THE PREVIOUS. :thumbsup::cheers:

Those really look cool Tom!

Art

Hey Tom, those bracers are too awesome....love the two toned red and black dye job.....i just got that backgrounder tool and I love it!!!

Looking forward to seeing some more stuff!

Thanks hellcat!!!

Yeah that two tone black/red has really been something I get to practice alot, customers love it too! So it's like a trademark for me now but I picked this technique up here at LW so thanks to all people here who share so willingly!!!

Love this backgrounder. It is very hard to make use of the tools I have since most my customers are from the heavy metal scene and basketweaving and florals is out of the question.

TOM YOU HAVE CAME A LONGGGG WAYYYY........YOUR WORK IS AWSUM,

EVERYTHING YOU DO IS BETTER THAN THE PREVIOUS. :thumbsup::cheers:

Thank you Luke!!!

With this pair I had to struggle and redo a bit just because of what you say. Very picky with this customer so just had to get it to that point where I was really satisfied and also working like this burns alot of time on every project.

Now I explore other matters, trying to make a wallet but the innerpieces and stitching makes me nervous;-) That's a completely different task than dancing with the swivelknife.

Those really look cool Tom!

Art

Thank you Art!!!

Tom

Hi Lillebror,

Really Love your look, maybe we should sit down one day and compair techniques:-)

Have a fab weekend//sys

Hi Lillebror,

Really Love your look, maybe we should sit down one day and compair techniques:-)

Have a fab weekend//sys

Hm missed your reply here sis and I have a feeling you can guess why!

Yeah we'll definetly sit down and compare tecniques one day.

Tom

Wow, awesome work and detail on these bracers.

-Joe V.

Edited by urbanwrist

another great piece of work, the reddy black color has become your signature statement!!

Wow, awesome work and detail on these bracers.

-Joe V.

Thanks a lot urbanwrist!!!

We do share a common in the making of wrist-art;-)

another great piece of work, the reddy black color has become your signature statement!!

Thank you Roo!!!

Yep and the backgrounding has been requested a lot too!

Tom