NewYorkerInSydney

Thread Knots Showing At Corners

Hello folks,

Thank you all for your help recently. I have a new Juki LU1508 that I have been learning to use. I am having a problem when I sew. When I sew a straight line and then get to a corner I usually life the foot to turn the corner, I notice that the there is a knot showing on the top of the leather wherever I turned a corner. Is there a way to fix this? It doesnt matter if I just lightly lift the foot or lift it all the way, there is always this knot showing. There are no knots anywhere else. Id love your advice with fixing this. And Im using 130 tex thread with a 135x17 NM 130 Sz 21 needle.

Many thanks.

Nyis

When you say "knot" what do you mean? Is the upper thread not drawn down into the stitch properly or is the lower thread being drawn up too far and showing on the top?

What point in the stitch is the machine when you lift the foot? It should be at a point where the shuttle has picked up the loop of top thread but the needle is still all the way through the material.

Pictures will likely help folks identify the problem.

I would move up to a 22 needle, then loosen your top tension a bit and tighten your bobbin tension a bit.

Regards, Eric