piheart

Leatherworkers Who Owns An Adler 69 Machine?

Does anyone who owns an Alder 69 373 machine here? Wanna know more about this machine. ( Thanks Wiz again for your help! )

Is it same as pfaff 335? can easily sew #138 thread? what needle it uses, I searched and it should be use 134-35 needle. If change motor to servo, how much is it? how thick of leather can this machine sew? 3/8' of an inch? ...

Any help would be appreciate to hear!

Thanks leatherworkers!

On my second 69-373. They are great work horses. Very similar to the 335. The one plus for the 335 is that it has a larger bobbin. I have run 138 thread in it without problem. As for the servo motor, that is depandant on which servo motor you buy and if it has a needle positioner or not. Can't address the leather question, as I don't work with leather. Overall the Adler 69-373 is an excellent machine...in my opinion.

Adler's handwheel has a rim of much larger diameter which could be helpful in turning it manually in the difficult areas.

one question, what servo motor should i get? I have " Industrial Sewing Machine Servo Family Motor FESM-55ON / CSM550 NEW 3/4 HP" on my another machine pfaff 1245, can I get this one to put on adler 69?

Edited by piheart

I'm guessing that motor should work with the 69. It really depends on what you are looking to accomplish with it, and what type of table you have it set up on. If you are using and off the arm type table, be sure that you can change the rotation of the motor as some off the arm setups require the motor to be mounted "backwards" to accommodate the confines of the table.

one question, what servo motor should i get? I have " Industrial Sewing Machine Servo Family Motor FESM-55ON / CSM550 NEW 3/4 HP" on my another machine pfaff 1245, can I get this one to put on adler 69?

Your motor is 550 watt or 3/4 HP. That is what the my machine dealer installs on all such machines and I am using it with Pfaff 335.

I also swapped its large pulley for a small pulley from a 3500 RPM clutch motor and now I can go very slowly: cluck......cluck.....cluck.

As to the length of belt, I kept the old belt which came with the machine and its 1750 RPM clutch motor, but made a plate from 3/16" fiberboard to compensate. You can see I am at the end of the adjusting screw on the motor.

post-62673-0-72434900-1433850305_thumb.j

post-62673-0-73734300-1433850334_thumb.j

Edited by DrmCa

Hockeymender & DrmCa,
I will get the same servo motor then.

Actually the clutch motor on this adler is not bad, can sew so slow, just too loud. Will get a servo motor this weekend, put it on table, measure, then get a new vbelt.

why can't attach photos .....

DrmCa, where my motor on adler is looks same as your motor on pfaff.

Edited by piheart

DrmCa, your servo motor is " Electronic DC Servo Motor 3/4HP, and speed is from 0 - 3450, right?

here we go. first one is clutch on adler, second one is on my pfaff 1245.

post-38443-0-27080800-1433869096_thumb.j

post-38443-0-06642900-1433869110_thumb.j

Edited by piheart

Your motor is 550 watt or 3/4 HP. That is what the my machine dealer installs on all such machines and I am using it with Pfaff 335.

I also swapped its large pulley for a small pulley from a 3500 RPM clutch motor and now I can go very slowly: cluck......cluck.....cluck.

As to the length of belt, I kept the old belt which came with the machine and its 1750 RPM clutch motor, but made a plate from 3/16" fiberboard to compensate. You can see I am at the end of the adjusting screw on the motor.

You can buy a new v-belt one or two inches shorter and regain the normal adjustment range on the motor bolt.

will do that, wiz. Glenn suggested get 3 sizes vbelt, pick one that fit just right, if is 58'', then will get 56, 57, 58.
Edited by piheart

You can buy a new v-belt one or two inches shorter and regain the normal adjustment range on the motor bolt.

Of course, but that meant driving around or waiting for a mail order, and just uzing a jigsaw for 30 seconds sounded like a shorter route to starting to stitch right away!

Hockeymender & DrmCa,
I will get the same servo motor then.

Actually the clutch motor on this adler is not bad, can sew so slow, just too loud. Will get a servo motor this weekend, put it on table, measure, then get a new vbelt.

why can't attach photos .....

DrmCa, where my motor on adler is looks same as your motor on pfaff.

This is the same servo motor 0-3450 RPM I am using. Made by "Family".

The clutch motor also looks exactly the same. Mine is 1740 or 1750 RPM and is 1/2 HP.

I forgot to mention that the servo motor uses a different set of holes.

The holes for the clutch motor were through the wood, while the holes for the servo were blind with the threaded bushings.

I had a threaded rod in the same diameter and thread pattern which I cut to the length of about 3" and re-used the nuts from the bolts that came with the table/clutch motor.

The distance between the clutch holes and servo holes was about 3/4" if I remember correctly and the clutch holes were closer to the right.

Edited by DrmCa

Thanks DrmCa! yes, I took a look at both motors, and saw difference as what you said. so need to figure out how to put servo on adler table when get it.
Edited by piheart

piheart

How's your project coming along?

Finally got some time!

Went to sewing store, didn't get motor. The one in store has " electronic servo motor " tag, owner said it is family brand. When I try it, is different than mines. speed at 0, motor doesn't run ( mines runs ), at 350, little bit noisy, at 660, little bit more noisy, so higher speed gets nosier ( not that loud as my clutch motor, but still get little noise ).

Back home, tried servo motor on my pfaff, put at speed 0, sew so slow, at 350, no noise at all, at 660, no noise at all, at 3450 no noise at all, quiet!

Yours runs at speed 0? DrmCa.
Edited by piheart

That's odd.

General Industrial Sewing Machine in Toronto where I shop for supplies sells those motors all the time and has several in stock at all times. That tells me it is a popular product.

You probably looked at a defective unit. It is supposed to stitch slowly at 0 speed and not supposed to be noisy at any speed.

I won't even ask what kind of noise, as not turning at 0 speed is a show stopper.

Hi! Wiz, Glenn, DrmCa, Hockeymender, thank you guys for your help, we finally installed servo motor on the machine, got right one, quiet. now time to sew!