I want to do something like what savoy leather does with the lettering. Finding there are not many options when buying letter stamps. Did they make a custom stamp plate to do these or ? Thanks.

post-53186-0-69941800-1434042135_thumb.j

post-53186-0-32110600-1434042156_thumb.j

post-53186-0-01715100-1434042176_thumb.j

I would hazard a guess that those are plates instead of letter stamps.

Yes, you can see two or three of the plate's corner imprints on the first pic, where it has been pressed a bit too vigorously.

I doubt those imprints are of a plate. I they would be, they would be below the writing and not somewhere in between. That's probably just a mistake when setting the snaps.

There are two ways of doing this, or how I would do it. First one is pretty pricey as you would need a lettering press and the desired letters. You can find them on ebay in this category http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Letterpresses-/108885/i.html. Second option would be to contact studio-n on here and have him make a poly stamp with his laser if he's able to.

I doubt those imprints are of a plate. I they would be, they would be below the writing and not somewhere in between. That's probably just a mistake when setting the snaps.

There are two ways of doing this, or how I would do it. First one is pretty pricey as you would need a lettering press and the desired letters. You can find them on ebay in this category http://www.ebay.co.uk/sch/Letterpresses-/108885/i.html. Second option would be to contact studio-n on here and have him make a poly stamp with his laser if he's able to.

Not sure what marks you're looking at?

Bottom left of the group of lettering and top right look pretty clearly to be plate marks to me.

Looks like a plate to me.

Not sure what marks you're looking at?

Bottom left of the group of lettering and top right look pretty clearly to be plate marks to me.

LOL, okay you're right I was referring to them lines below the snaps. Anyhow I didn't say they didn't use a plate, I just doubted the marks are of a plate. With the whole thing being dinged a bit I'm still not sure, but both of the methods I referred to would use plates as well so you're probably right.