hyttogpine

Adler Old Needle System 563. And Needle Sizes ?

I've been ready with my Adler 48-10 almost one months, meanwhile I have downloaded all I was able to find of needle size and needles systems, and asking different companies of have to find needles, covering Adler own (old named) system 653. But so far I have not success (nearly).

Do anybody know another name for Adlers 563 system. I have contacted maybe the leading company in Norway, suppling thread and needles, and the came up with one needle size for my Adler 48 : #120

So at the moment I'm pretty sad, if the reality is only one needle for the machine waiting to bee put to work. Maybe I have to high expectations but difficult to understand that it should be the final.

Is it likely that a needle system, that once have nine different sizes of needle. To day, only are available in one size?

Can someone convert this old needle size to European or American size ?

post-61608-0-40208700-1434918849_thumb.j

Edited by hyttogpine

The Adler 48 is comparable with the Singer 17 Maybe you can try needles for the Singer 17 which were system 16x1 / 16x2, 16x21 / 16x 22 and 16x46 / 16x64 (left is cloth and right is leather)

I also took two shots from an old and up to date Adler Manual I hope this helps to compare the sizes

post-31854-0-98759400-1434960094_thumb.j

post-31854-0-71930900-1434960099_thumb.j

hyttogpine,

I would email these two needle companies here in the US about that system. If anybody can tell you the needle that you could you in place of the system 563, it would be them. here are their web sites on which you can find their email contact information.

newenglandneedles.com

diamondneedle.com

Checked both of my needle books, neither one mentions an Adler 48 class of any type.

@ Constabulary

I think your suggestions of 16X2 , leading me on the right track.

But I'm not smart enough to crack the "needle- code"

FahnenJunker

@ shoepatcher

To email these companies is a good idea . . . . Thanks.

@ Gregg

I'm uncertain to what you mean. You tell, in my needles book is not listed up any needle, covring up for needle system 563. Or are you telling me, that in your needles bok not are listet any sawing machine by category Adler 48-

http://www.duerkopp-adler.com/export/sites/duerkoppadler/commons/download/public/48/48_EN.pdf

Page 9