Keebz

This Broke On Me

This popped on me when I was trying to adjust me tension, can anyone tell me what the parts name is and who would carry it? It just fell apart I'm guessing it might of already been warped or bent. It's a consew 227r.

Thank you

Sorry here is the picture

post-63599-0-32234400-1436770777_thumb.j

Edited by Keebz

Theirs no picture.

Is it the tension bracket?

New tension units are about $12 - $20 on Ebay or at about the same price at most machine delaers. These TU´s fit on many many machiens... Singer, Dürkopp, Consew, Seiko, Juki - they areall using this tension assy. Look for a Singer 111 tension assembly or tension unit and you´ll find what you need.

scroll down

http://www.ebay.com/sch/i.html?_odkw=111+tension&_sop=15&_osacat=0&_from=R40&_trksid=p2045573.m570.l1313.TR0.TRC0.H0.X111w+tension.TRS0&_nkw=111w+tension&_sacat=0

Edited by Constabulary

You broke the tension stud #201224. They are pressed in to the tension assembly. Do you have the tension washers, the small pin and the tension nut? If not, you will need these parts as well. You will have to remove the entire assembly to fix it.

glenn

Yes I have all the other pieces. I ordered the tension assembly. I do not know why it snapped off It looks to be bent though. I was wrapping the thread around the washer and it just fell off. Weirdest thing though, my bottom thread was coming up through the top piece of leather. It left just enough of the post to screw the tension knob back on against the washers. And my tension is where it needs to be. Stitches now look perfect!

Edited by Keebz

I have used Sharp Sewing Supplies via e-bay. They have most of the parts for the older machines and they are priced well. They have a few Complete Tension brackets that say part 240446, some are less than others. I see one for $10.39 that looks like a good deal.

Thanks for all the help. Is thread tension the only thing that would make the stitches not be uniform and nice looking? I've changed and changed and changed the tension top and the bobbin to no prevail. Sometimes it'll sew beautiful stitches for a little bit then it's right back to seeing the bobbin thread being pulled up into the top stitching holes

I´d remove the bobbin case and the tension spring and check if you there is some dirt or lint under the bobbin tension spring. Or maybe the spring is broke or has a groove and you have to replace the bobbin spring and / or the tension screw.

What thread needle are you using? Have you threaded the machine correctly? Are you sure the top thread travels freely w/o getting caught somewhere? Is the thread coming off the spool straight above the center of the spool?

Im using these needles http://www.ebay.com/itm/400685785037?_trksid=p2057872.m2749.l2649&var=670231849975&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT and #69 bonded nylon thread. I am gonna make sure everything else is in working order as you suggested when I get to my shop. Thanks for helping me out

This is what the stitching looks like....any ideas, I'm going mad here

post-63599-0-15975600-1436982584_thumb.j

This looks more like a timing problem rather than a tension problem. Seems your hook is not catching the top thread. Open your bobbin cover and watch the hook while hand cranking the machine. I assume you either have to reposition your needle bar or your hook is too far a way from the needle. Or maybe the needle scarf is not facing straight right.

Do you have a manual for your machine?

Yes I have the manual, I noticed in the manual the feed dog was supposed to raise 1.2-1.5mm for leather. After I raised the feed dogs it was stitching a lot better. I cleaned the bobbin spring and pulled out all kind of fuzzies from where the bobbin sits. Seemed to do the the trick, I will work with it a little more tomorrow. It's really my first machine, I've sewn a little on my mothers machine when I was younger so it's a learning experience. It can get a little frustrating. I really want to learn to service the machine myself if possible I do not know of any service men/women in my area. Thanks very much for all your help. I'm sure I will be back lol. I gotta try to figure out how to make a flat bed attachment for it. I am very happy that my top stitching just doesn't look like a line anymore. Is #69 thread what I should be using?

I sew 92 and138 thread in my consew206, but I've never tried 69.

Glad you stitches look better now. Cleaning an oiling your machine is quite important. Size 69 to 138 thread should work w/o problem. I usually sew with 138 thread.

Do you know if they make a zipper foot for the consew227r