BarryKing

New Website

Hi Barry,

Now, correct me if I'm wrong...In Columbus last fall, did'nt you have some plexiglass leather slicker (with wood handle) of sorts, a big one for slicking a flat surface? I can not find it on your webpage or calalog so I'm starting to think I need some pills or so *LOL*...Thanks//Tina

Tina, barry makes really nice glass slickers with wood handles, I have one and love it....use it all the time. Don't know about plexiglass.....

Bob

Tina, barry makes really nice glass slickers with wood handles, I have one and love it....use it all the time. Don't know about plexiglass.....

Bob

I think I just jumped to conclusion about the plexi glass, Ops:-) Then my mind was not playing with me, nice I'm OK *LOL*

Barry, how about putting them up on your web page, I would like to buy one:-)

I think I just jumped to conclusion about the plexi glass, Ops:-) Then my mind was not playing with me, nice I'm OK *LOL*

Tina,

Just give him a call, that's what I did. Just got my glass slicker. Very nice and a beautiful cocobolo handle.....sweet!

Dave Theobald

Yes, I do make them. I am adding them to the website in the next week or so. We forgot a few things and that was one of them. BTW, they are glass, not plexi, just so everyone knows.

These are used to prestretch and compress the leather. Use after soaking the leather in water, then rub, fairly hard, in all directions. You will see the leather stretch, before tooling it. Works great for taking the stretch out of belts before tooling or stamping.

Barry

Hey Barry!

One thing I am needing that Tandy doesn't carry and I would love is a round end strap punch! We have the triangle one and the 'three edged' ones, but I want a rounded one.....

What ya think?

great site! Won't help my checkbook though

Congrats with getting the website up n running......It Sure makes it easy for those willing to invest in what are obviously fine tools ...

I look forwards to gving a few a try in the near future...

Cheers

Matt

I didn't see any blades to go with those nice awl handles?

I would like to complement you on what I think is the best setup leather web sight. It is attractive, very easy to use and navigate. I love how the pictures are interactive and zoom in, nice touch. PayPal interface works great. Lastly the fact that your sight does not require "flash" is a big +++ as my self use a iPad almost all the time to shop on line. I have placed 5 or 6 orders from your sight and your turn around time is consistent and fast. It goes without saying that your tools are top notch!

One suggestion that I can think of:Being new to leather work (about 3 years now), and living on the east cost (NY) I have found it very hard to find sources of good leather tools. Your sight and this sight have been a big help! That sad there seems to be a void in the vintage tool area for those of us who can not travel to the leather shows and or don't have the "good shops" like you guys out west have. Maybe you could try and put together a vintage tool section on your sight? I could be wrong here by saying this but I have a feeling you know a lot of people in the business? Your sight would be a great way for them to sell vintage tools on consignment?

I really need to get this whole university thing out of the way so I can get back to making money and spending it on more leather tools so I can make more money to spend on leather tools... See where this is going?

Nice site.

Question, what would you use a 96oz. maul for other than home defense? :P

I use a rubber hammer sometimes. I saves me a lot of whacking to get an impression I want. So much better than the little wooden mallet that comes with the kits. I imagine the 96oz maul was developed for the same reason. One whack, done!

I agree that the site is nice..... I had to click out of it quickly because so many thing I wanted on the first link I clicked. ha!

Good luck I hope you sell lots of tools.