jstar61

My Version Of A Sneaky Pete Holster.

3-4 oz Veg tan, done with vinegar black.

8-2-15_1.jpg

8-2-15_3.jpg

8-2-15_2.jpg

8-2-15_5.jpg

Looking good!

Most would think its a phone holster.

I like the idea!

Like it! Is that a LCP? or LC9?

Nicely constructed, conceals well right out in plain sight. I like the cut out for the grip and the covered trigger.

I only question the use of a stud for closure. It looks good but I'd think it could cause fumblin' when you need to get your Ruger out to stop a threat.

Maybe a magnetic closure instead?

I had a request to make something like this, but I have been worried about the holster's ability to retain the pistol, in addition to being able to prevent unwanted access. Any thoughts/suggestions from anyone? I really like this approach, but I want it to be a bit more secure....

YinTx

I had a request to make something like this, but I have been worried about the holster's ability to retain the pistol, in addition to being able to prevent unwanted access. Any thoughts/suggestions from anyone? I really like this approach, but I want it to be a bit more secure....

YinTx

Make a tunnel for the barrel. Sew a piece of leather behind the barrel so it holds it firmly. This will keep the pistol from tilting in the compartment. Chances are its an unneeded piece but it could not hurt and give would you peace of mind.

I always wanted to see one of these but after seeing it to scale on a hip it is too large for anything I might want to use. But I do not wear OWB so all I am used to showing is the grip and back of the slide. It is great workmanship but I cant see anyone thinking its a cell phone case. A tablet case I could see. Anyway jstar61 Well done. Ya done good.

Thanks all.

It's not something I would use as EDC. Mainly just when walking around in shorts and a t shirt, and don't want to have the bulk of a larger piece.

bland it's a LCP Custom.

The retention is pretty good, due to the wet molding. It's not as big as it looks in the last pic. Not much bigger than the newer larger phones when they are in an Otter case.

snubbyfan, I was originally going to go with magnets, but wanted something a bit more secure. The stud just takes a bit of practice to get used to. Still much less fumbling than trying to draw from a pocket holster.

Real nice job there, jstar. I've got to try making one of those soon.