I just got the Golck replica so I wanted to try and make a holster for it and this is what I ended up with. I really screwed the pooch on the stitching around the belt loop. I wanted it to be round. I wasnt paying attention to what I was doing and let the stitching groover get away from me so it ended up square instead of round like I wanted, but other than that I like it. Still need to practice my molding. The finish is just 2 coats of TAN-KOTE.

Tom

IMG_0082.JPG IMG_0083.JPG

post-6291-1228228269_thumb.jpg

post-6291-1228228316_thumb.jpg

I think it looks good. Have you got a shot of the back?

Bootmaker Carl Chappell taught me if you mess someting up, make it look like you planned it. I think your holster looks good. Keep on keeping on.

Randy

Thanks Bruce and Randy, I'm trying to improve with each project. I want to try different things till I find my niche in the leather world. Here's a shot of the back.

Tom

IMG_0086.JPG

post-6291-1228263478_thumb.jpg

Nice job! The tunnel loop looks like it lines up perfectly with the slot. That also looks like an OD green G17. :spoton:

It's actually a gray plastic replica used for molding.

Tom

Tom,

The holster looks great! Nice, clean lines and looks nice (not black!!)

Where did you get the replica? I have looked into "blue guns" they are about $35.00 each. I just wondered if yours was easier to get of less expensive?

Rick Jorgenson

I think the replica he is using is from Blackhawk. They come in grey and orange. They are cheaper but they only make a couple models I think. Nice holster by the way.

Edited by WaG35

I just looked at it and it is a Blackhawk. I got it at the hardware store. My friend there ordered it from Ellot Borthers I think. I paid $24 for the 1911 and $25 for the G17. Thank you for the compliments guys.

Tom