caba

Whats The Correct Bobbin For Highlead Gc22618-8B? Please

Hi folks......am in Australia bought a HIGHLEAD GC22618-8B ...have tweaked it with reduction pulley and its working beautifully....just need a link or two to the correct bobbins for it......bought some they were too small......saw somewhere these machines take a Gbobbin.....think the dimensions r too big maybe.....manual isnt clear either.....please help!

I think Singer 111, 153 or Consew 226, 227 type bobbins are the ones I think. Afaik the clones of these machines are using the same bobbins.

Awesome Thanks

There is manufacturer's email address at the end of the instruction manual: http://www.supsew.com/KnowledgeBaseArtefacts/Documents/Highlead/GC22618%20instruction%20manual%20&%20parts%20catalog.pdf

They should be able to answer your question.

I once found a handy bobbin reference chart (See attached file)

Comparing your bobbin's measurements to the chart should allow to determine which bobbin style to order.

At least the manual tells you the take-up lever stroke with 1/10th millimeter precision, lol, which seems like super useless info compared to bobbin size.

Some thread suppliers also have a bobbin reference. The Thread Exchange has a bobbin reference chart for pre-wound bobbins - the dimensions should be very close to the real bobbins.

Here's the bobbin style chart which you can print to scale and then just lay your bobbin on it to find your bobbin style:

Bobbin Selection Information.pdf

Edited by Uwe

Same bobbin as 111W155, Consew 227R, Seiko CW-8B.

Common bobbin for many various single and double needle lockstitch industrial, also known as a prewound bobbin "G"

Edited by Gregg From Keystone Sewing

Damn...sorry folks....have been in hospital briefly and ill.....I got them 10 for $8.50......thanks to all of your fine help....im getting truly set up now!