DrmCa

Edge Guide For Pfaff 335

Does anyone have/use a special edge guide for Pfaff 335 or similar cylinder bed machines?

I know there are swing out guides for sale, but that sounds like overkill and they cost too much.

Right now I am using a household machine's edge guide with the screws I made and it seems to do the job.

If there was a guide that sat further out to the back of the arm, it would be a better fit as that would give more space in front of the feet to feed material in.

post-62673-0-96258400-1442068945_thumb.j

And that's exactly what I meant by overkill - it's CDN$80 plus $10-20 more in shipping, while what I am using costs next to nothing.

And that's exactly what I meant by overkill - it's CDN$80 plus $10-20 more in shipping, while what I am using costs next to nothing.

So drill fixingholes where you need them or fix the guide with a G-clamp.

HTH

Greets

Ralf C.

If you want it cheap and time is not important, just make one yourself from a scratch piece of aluminum. Cut the shape you need out with a hack saw, drill two mounting holes and then bend it in the right place. $5 in materials and perhaps a day fussing with it. Make a bunch more and sell them on ebay.

Or start with something that's close, like a suitable angle bracket with a slot and modify it as needed. If you google "slotted L bracket" images, you'll see candidates like window blind mounting hardware etc. Go wander the aisles of your local hardware or hobby store and look for suitable brackets to modify. It'll take some tinkering, but it seems doable.

post-56402-0-45447600-1442157780_thumb.j

Edited by Uwe

So I made one since my last post, just because I had to get it out of my system and because I have issues with procrastinating on work that actually pays my bills.

Time: 2 hours. Materials: $8.

The problem is that I value my time and to sell this would cost you the same as a commercial swing down guide.

So just to offer one potential home-made solution, here are some pictures of mine:

post-56402-0-72671100-1442163181_thumb.jpost-56402-0-93271400-1442163188_thumb.jpost-56402-0-52753600-1442163198_thumb.j

Edited by Uwe

Yeah, your design places the guide where I would ideally want it. Thanks for sharing!