gottaknow

Tools Of My Trade And A Leather Project

After 35 years repairing machines, I have just a handful that I carry with me throughout my day. I would guess I do about 90% of all repairs and adjustment with just these. The new carry case I made over the last few days. It saves the back pocket and my backside. The tools include the following. 3 SnapOn screwdrivers, snips, 2 tweezers, 2 metal rulers, an offset screwdriver, and a 1/8" allen wrench, and a small 9/32" wrench.

I used to carry more, but over the years, this selection takes care of most of the daily stuff. Of course in the shop I have enough other tools to start a store.

Regards, Eric

post-33297-0-48088500-1443147757_thumb.j

This proves the age old adage that less is more! Or something like that.

I've just worked in some really large factories, and early in my career I would lug around a tool bag all day from machine to machine. After a knee surgery and being on crutches, I selected the tools I always ended up using and stuck them in a back pocket so I could get around. Best thing I ever did and never went back to the tool bag.

Regards, Eric