My son wanted to go as Han Solo for Halloween. It would figure that the first holster I ever made would be for a toy gun. The buckle pieces had me stumped. I was about to make my own out of aluminum sheet when I saw that some kind soul had made the 3D models for the parts on Thingiverse.com

Downloaded them and printed them up on a 3D printer. Just started it this afternoon so it's a tad rushed. Also...I need to clean off my work bench

post-14104-0-35399300-1446160044_thumb.j

Just make sure he doesn't get in trouble for carrying a broom handled Mauser with a scope. Too many of those tragedies in the news these days. But it is cool!

YinTx

The Han Solo (my favorite of all the Star Wars characters) rig looks pretty cool. I'm sure your boy will be thrilled with it. I built an Indiana Jone holster for my oldest boy last year, that turned out pretty well too.

Just make sure he doesn't get in trouble for carrying a broom handled Mauser with a scope. Too many of those tragedies in the news these days. But it is cool!

YinTx

Hey my kids will be carrying a flame thrower and a bazooka this halloween. They both decided to go as soldiers so I got to build the weapons, I have to say the flame thrower came out pretty cool.

Stu

YinTx

Naaa - your on the wrong track - its the DL-44 heavy blaster pistol.

This is a secret I only telling on LW.net...

Actually the Germans copied the broom handle Mauser from the DL-44 heavy blaster pistol when Marty McFly accidentally dropped into 1896 and lost the gun he previously picked up when he accidentally dropped into.... ah well you for sure remember the year of the great galactic war ;)

Or have I mixed up something :huh:

If any are interested Tested did a DL-44 build o. There one day build series with Adam Savage. It was worth the watch if you ask me.

Ha, super cool. My kids went as Indiana Jones and Han Solo this year. But we just fudged stuff together, we didn't do it all special like that. We were on our way out of the door for a trip, so I cut out a piece of leather for them, and had them take turns saddle stitching it together. It was quick and sloppy, but it did the trick, and they were pretty proud of helping.

Great idea on the 3d printing - I'll have to show my husband. He works with 3d printers - we'll have to keep your idea in mind for future costumes.