Love those friction style sheaths, I have to try one for my old Schrade LB7. Nice work.

Stu

very nice indeed...I like the color

Great sheath! I like especially the contour of the opening.

I've erperimented lately with friction sheaths, so I'm curious about the leather thickness and how you treated yours after wetforming (baked? dipped into hot bees wax?)

Very nice, I'm sure he'll love it.

Great sheath! I like especially the contour of the opening.

I've erperimented lately with friction sheaths, so I'm curious about the leather thickness and how you treated yours after wetforming (baked? dipped into hot bees wax?)

Thanks everyone, appreciate the comments.

This leather was 6/7 oz which is a little thicker than I usually use but I had it on hand. I use warm water to soak the leather until the bubbling stops, I then mold the sheath around the item. Once I get a general shape in place I'll put it in the oven at as low heat as it will go for 5-10 minute intervals while I continue to "crisp up" the mold. Once the leather edges start to dry out I compete any final molding needed and then let it air dry for 24 hours or until completely dry. I then dye, glue, sew and finish with a beeswax sealer to add shine and waterproof. Not sure if that is proper or correct but it's how I do it. I'm still learning as I go to make improvements in my technique and the final product.

Thank you for the elaborate response!

Nice sheath. as a reminder the oven should be at its lowest setting. i do mine at the lowest setting with the oven door slightly ajar. (wow flash back to 60's batman riddle, when is a door not a door, when its ajar! then they capture the Riddler, and then the muppet show came on)

Nice sheath. as a reminder the oven should be at its lowest setting. i do mine at the lowest setting with the oven door slightly ajar. (wow flash back to 60's batman riddle, when is a door not a door, when its ajar! then they capture the Riddler, and then the muppet show came on)

waka waka!

The molding around the bottom of the knife came out awesome. Nice and clean and that is a tight radius. I use mostly pocket knives with clips now but I have a warm spot for those bucks in a nice leather sheath. Great job!