sandyt

What Is This Piece For?

This came with a Lewenstein triple feed sewingmachine. Looks excactly like the consew 206 rb. Another clone I guess.

I know where it fits. But what is its function?

Sandy.

post-23336-0-31737400-1449533438_thumb.j

post-23336-0-63347200-1449533476_thumb.j

Haha, peace.

Thanks Tom!

Uwe, now I remember reading that somewhere. But it isn't installed. I have been sewing with it for a few years now. Even the lady from whom I bought it didn't use it. She didn't know what it was for.

I have sewn the max thickness the machine could handle. Never had a problem.

What I have read so far, it has to be installed whright? Maybe I wil give it a try.

Sandy.

The idea or concept behind the thread releasing finger is to "allow thick thread to pass through the bobbin case basket and hook supporting plate (hook position finger) freely without getting hung up in this area.

The fact is many model machines use the same exact sewing mechanism without any sewing issues, even using a 138 or in some cases heavier. They also tend to make a lot of noise even when operating correctly.

I installed it today. Didn't change anything.

Thanks for your explanaition Gregg. I didn't use thick thread today. In the past I did. And the thick cotton tread I used would raffle sometimes. I still have some thread left. I will give that a try tomorrow. Could be, that was causing the raffling of the thread.

Now I am writing this down, I remember the machine making a strange noise using that thread. Has to be the thread squeezing through the bobbin case basket and hook supporting plate!!

Tried today the thick cotton thread with the thread releasing finger installed. It didn't raffle anymore! Thanks for the help !!!

Fyi. I used cotton thread 18/3 (Between 138 and 207). With a 140 (20) needle.