I'm not sure this would be "showing off" after seeing much of the things produced by people in this forum, but here's my latest completed project.

My daughters are big Harry Potter fans and I wanted to make them something out of leather for Christmas, as I've just gotten into this and enjoy it immensely. I came across the Midori Traveler's Notebook, which is nothing more than a piece of leather with a couple of elastic cords holding in small paper notebooks and keeping it closed. That led me to other notebook covers people had made and I thought that would make for a nice Christmas present, so I decided to make them Harry Potter themed notebook covers. I ordered a couple of Harry Potter sew-on patches (1 for Gryffindor and 1 for Ravenclaw...they had this "sorting hat" app that tests you and sorts you into your school houses...don't act like you don't know what I'm talking about), and I intended to adhere these patches to the covers. However, once I was done with the notebook covers, I just couldn't do it. They can use these things for almost forever and I didn't want some Harry Potter patch messing up the front. :) So, we bought a couple of Harry Potter wand pens to go with them and called it good. They're made with thin veg tan leather, stained and lined with suede.

post-68189-0-11334900-1450891364_thumb.j

Nice job, they will like them.

Thank you. My wife has been knitting for years. It's nice to have a somewhat similar hobby I can work on in the evenings at the same time.

The only problem I've had so far is being able to stop and go to bed. It's always, "I just need to finish this one little thing...and then I'll quit."

Thank you all!

Edited by JoeBLeather

Nice job! They look classy. Ditto about stuff to do in the evening. Never enough hours to finish!

I have been known to work all night. Usually a fairly bad day afterward. lol

ferg