Anyone have any experience with Acrylic Reslone? I've tried it and keep getting ugly bubbles that dry into the finish.

I find that a moist sponge combined with resolene gives the best results if I barely touch is to the surface, keeping the sponge almost dripping with resolene. If you push too hard or it gets too dry it will leave streaks, going from one problem to another.

The best way to eliminate the problem all together is to mix 50/50 with water and use an airbrush to apply.

I have never been happy with wiping/rubbing it on. I mix 50/50 with water and spray it on. Three light coats usually does the trick for me.

Cut it 50/50 with water. I use a disposable foam brush to apply it. As long as you cut it you will not get bubbles. I put on 2 coats and it works fine.

I use acrylic resolene on my leather dog collars as a finish. I've used a damp sponge, damp soft cloth and a dauber. The sponge and cloth are great for applying. The dauber is not good. It leaves waay too many bubbles which I just found out don't pop but dry hard on the surface. ERRRR...

Now I have 4 collar straps which are pretty useless because they are covered with clumps of dry bubbles. One strap actually has blotches that are hardened. :(

Anyone out there please have any ideas of how I can rescue these straps ?? Can I remove the resolene?? HELP!?!

Thanks so much..

I tried it once but did not cut it 50/50. I did use a nicely wet sponge to apply but did get streaks. I used alcohol to rub it off which also took off some of the dye and made a cool distressed looking finish in the end.

I just bought an air brush kit and am ready to give it a try again. I will cut it this time. It is good to see that this method should produce good results.

90% or greater rubbing (isopropyl) alcohol will remove resolene. You might need to redye the leather after removing the Resolene. Make sure you cut it 50/50 with water and let the first coat really dry, over night, before the second coat. I use a damp sponge or cloth. works fine.