Leather: 6-7oz Oak leaf double shoulder from Tandy

Fiebings Pro oil black dye

Hand sewn.

post-35680-0-92192100-1451233173_thumb.j

post-35680-0-42043700-1451233179_thumb.j

post-35680-0-19433600-1451233185_thumb.j

post-35680-0-74148400-1451233187_thumb.j

post-35680-0-46986700-1451233190_thumb.j

Very nice. Just a thought, have you considered a couple of spring clips for belt attachment? That way it's easy to get on and off the belt. Nice work though.

Stu

very nice work. I like the belt loops myself as the clips keep coming off my belt when I'm moving around

I've found that a single wide (ish) belt loop is better for today's larger phones. With the two connection points, if the wearer has it on their side, they may end up placing some curving force on the phone. If you're using two outboard loops like that, you may want to build some extra slack into them to avoid stress on the phone.

Also, very much in favor of a belt loop, since that $500 phone can't be just yanked off your belt in a busy store or something.

Agree, with a single wide belt loop OR moving the two closer in towards center. I like to leave just a little play in the belt loop so it can give a bit when sitting or what not. Especially in a car. A case needs to be able to pivot just slightly for comfort. Not be floppy tho. Once worn for a day or two we tend to learn what works well and what doesn't. I always like to try the first of anything I make before giving/selling to others. Then make changes as needed. Some people just really want what they want regardless if I advise them against or for certain types of features. Personally I don't care for clips on my phone cases. I don't have a need to remove and replace from my belt ever. Someone who goes through metal detectors a lot may feel differently. All about intended use. Molded part looks pretty good. I like to do my cases a friction fit with a finger slot to push up the phone enough to grab, and this works well for me. Flaps just tend to be in the way all the time. Taking out and when putting in. But again all depends on the owners intended use.