Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has tried the Eco Flo edgeflex line and likes or dislikes? Right now I use Angelus acrylic paints on the edges. MANY coats that I leave to dry for a min of 3 hrs each. I was curious if there is a comparable product that is good quality that will last over time!

Thanks,

Julie

Only surefire way to get long-lasting edge finishing is to dye it using a quality spirit dye. Been doing it for over 40 years and have found that the newer edge finishes just don't hold up to the wear like a dye does; especially those water-based products like Eco-Flo and so on. The "Old School" ways have a proven track record and the newer generations ultimately end up learning them and then making them a permanent part of their daily process. Dyes also set and dry much faster than water-based products do so the "wait time" is cut way down.

Thanks for the response Richard! I actually do dye with Angelus spirit dyes all the edges before I paint them. I figure if a dog scratches the collar at least if it's dyed close to the same color underneath it would look ok.

Most of my collars are painted and it would look weird to just dye the edges when the collar itself is painted. I have only been doing this about 8 months and I've checked in with and see most of the people who I've made collars for and they said they are holding up well.

Angelus is not the right paint to use for edges - it cracks easily and isn't thick enough to build up quickly. Use a paint specifically made for leather edges.

On 27 December 2015 at 4:25 PM, JulieP said:

Hi,

I was wondering if anyone has tried the Eco Flo edgeflex line and likes or dislikes? Right now I use Angelus acrylic paints on the edges. MANY coats that I leave to dry for a min of 3 hrs each. I was curious if there is a comparable product that is good quality that will last over time!

Thanks,

Julie

Hi Julie,

I am currently looking for edge paint and searching reviews about Eco-Flo edge paint... Did you order it and how did it work at the end? Does it stain when reacting with moist?

Many thanks,

Diana