Sign in to follow this  
rawhide1

Belt for my daughter

Here is a belt I just finished for my daughter. This is the first time I've used bling. I thought I could set them in the cowhide and then sew my liner. But when I did that they were to loose so I had to set them thru the whole belt. Which I really dont like. So for the next one I need to find different bling. I probably haven't basket stamped anything in 15 yrs and it shows. This was the first thing I sewed on my pfaff 1245 and it went okay. The presser foot was set to tight and it rubbed some of the stamping out so I went back over it. I rubbed the edges down with spit and some material from a pair of britches. It was a fun project and my daughter loved it even with the mess ups. Aint kids great. Any how to do betters is greatly appreciated.

IMG_1052.JPGIMG_1053.JPGIMG_1059.JPGIMG_1060.JPG

Thanks, Mike

post-4953-1228926385_thumb.jpg

post-4953-1228926420_thumb.jpg

post-4953-1228926470_thumb.jpg

post-4953-1228926512_thumb.jpg

Small girls always love pink bling, I'm sure she's happy:-)

All that, and Daddy made it for her? Of course she loves it!

Rawhide1

how did you finish the edge with the backing and hairon? I have not found a good way to do this, so generally I end-up inlaying the hair. yours looks to have a finish to it.

Dink

Tina,Tashabear

Thanks, She does love it and I'm sure I'll get alot more practice between the wife and my other daughter now that I got a sewing machine.

Dink

I just burnished with spit and some jeans. I then put a coat of acrylic resolene on it. I dont know if that is the right stuff to use but when I worked in a tack shop we put that stuff on our headstalls and breast collars.

Mike