OLDNSLOW

Another Newb Question About A Mag Carrier

I own a EX mod double stack 45 and would like to make a leather holder for it, would one of JLS patterns work by adjusting the measurements both out and up a little, or does someone have a pattern specific to that model mag that you would be willing to share in advance.

Thanks

O n S

Ron

You got a WHAT?

I fubared that I had lost my mind for a few minutes there but now I have found it so here goes, I have a XD mod 2 45 that has a double stack mag, it holds 13 rounds and would like to make a mag holder for it. But I don't think any of your patterns will work, or would it just be a matter of guessing and modifying till it fits?

I think the same countour from the G19/23 mag carrier pattern on the site should be fine. Double stack .40's, and the 45's (for some reason) tend to be more rounded in the nose, so likely aint that much diffference.

I had just enough "spare" time lately to answer a question where i can, but not enough to get new designs out (though I did make a new "model" G19/23 avenger style rig that isn't uploaded as yet).

I'd tell ya give me a call, 'cept I kaint find my phone! Maybe in the clothes dryer??? Send me a pm or an email with the dimensions of yer mag and I can tell you pretty quick.

the long back side is 9/10'' inch wide the back side again from base plate to top of mag4 9/10 the wideside is 1 4/10 wide it tapers to the top to 5/8

I had made one identical for it for my XD, double stack, that I did not keep very long. Must have traded off the mag carrier too.

At any rate, . . . this is how I did it, . . . you can see that the front piece, . . . and both straps are cut from one piece of leather, and the back is a second piece.

I made my template using yellow manila folder material for the pattern, . . . then cut the leather and simply stitched it together.

I then wet them real good, . . . jam the mags in to do the forming, . . . allow them to set for a couple hours, . . . gently tug out the mags, . . . let them finish drying for a day or two.

I then dip dye them, . . . resolene coat them, . . . apply the snaps, . . . and we're good to go.

Here are some picture of the single stack rig.

May God bless,

Dwight

post-6728-0-08363600-1452866890_thumb.jp

post-6728-0-25676400-1452866897_thumb.jp

post-6728-0-30564700-1452866905_thumb.jp

post-6728-0-40609000-1452866916_thumb.jp

Edited by Dwight

IF I understood your measurements - then that G19/23 mag pattern will work. Everything the same, except kick the vertical stitch lines out 1/4" (each). If it was me, I'd prolly take 2 scraps big enough to go outside the stitch lines, stitch 'em together, and try it. You'll be close, and you'lll be able to quickly see what adjustments to make .. if any.

Edited by JLSleather

Thanks to both I'll take a look at the mag holder you have!