Austyn

Leather Mouse Pads

Hey,

I've been interested in making leather mouse pads. I've made a few and the only problem is they slide around a bit... But can I apply/do on the bottom of the leather so it holds in place.

Thanks

What can I apply/do***

Hi Austyn,

I glue felt on the bottom of mouse pads I make. I buy sheets of it from Hobby Lobby and Michael's and it works great at keeping the pads from sliding around.

Regards,

Steve

how much do you need I might be able to find some kembro ,that was used years ago. last time I ordered it they send me all they had. its probly still setting on the shelf at work. there were 4-5 sheets 1 meter x 1 meter . this stuff is like what the bottom of pads feel like . its grey in color 1/8 - 3/16 thick this was what we covered the prosthetic leather sockets with for the removable liners its probley some of the last that's around. they are not do like that any more . now they use gel liners, or foam . either pelite or bocklite . you might try a company call best foam they sell different colors and different density from 1/16---1 inch

sorry I typed before I looked i'll do some checking and get back with you

My daily use mouse pad is one I made with ~8-10 oz vegtan with a picture of my fiancé tooled on it. I glued on a wool felt back, and stitched around the edge. Shows no sign of wear after 3 years of use. I use it with a balless mouse

If you buy felt, I recommend getting wool felt from a fabric store by the yard. Wool felt wont fuzz out bad like the inexpensive polyester felts

Edited by Colt W Knight