Windrider30

First Leather Book Jacket

Just wanted to see if I could do it, not totally finished iwth it as I am going to try and do a mexican basketweave laceing on the spine but so far this is what I have. Just wanted to use up a little bit of leather and the leather i used just does not want to take to stamping for some reason I have even tried casing the leather for 3 days even oiled the hell out of it and still doesnt want to take a stamp ah well for an expermental piece came out ok. Used a simple double loop stich around the outer edge just because id id not want to get to fancy.

post-54720-0-86280300-1454992368_thumb.j

post-54720-0-47545200-1454992385_thumb.j

nice design but if the leather doesnt take casing, it's probably not veg tanned leather and if that is the case, doesn't matter how long you soak it, it won't tool

Well it was suppose to be veg tanned according to tandy (who i get my veg tanned leather though though thinking of trying antoher sourse here in australia ) will post pic of the jacket when i am done.

Been so long since i bought this piece of leather i do not remember to be honest.

Here we go one fully finished Leather book jacket, did a mexcian basket weave on the spine looks great like I thought it would! Not bad for a first attempt at this kind of thing. By the way the LB is for leather braiding which is what the book is titled hehe a bit cheezy but hey!

post-54720-0-36786500-1455070562_thumb.j

post-54720-0-27481100-1455070575_thumb.j