G'day Guy's,

Well time I uploaded some pic's of the wallets I make, made from veg tan kangaroo hide and fully hand sewn.

post-69910-0-72092600-1456214243_thumb.j

The wallet has 6 pockets to fit credit cards then a central length long pocket which can hold many more cards like businees cards etc and the other side of that pocket can be used to hold small change. Now instead of using a zipper (which would fail in time ) I came up with an idea of using a flap that when in the back section of the wallet can hide cash notes which other notes can sit in the same section. This gives the ability to hide cash notes. The flap can also totally cover the rear section so cash is secure.

Now I don't use closing clips as I found once these wallets are in your pocket they soon mold to your pocket and stay self closed. The one I made for myself 15 years ago is still going and look like it is still reasonably new.

post-69910-0-97619500-1456214618_thumb.j

The pic's below show the rear flap first totally in the rear section then the second pic show the rear section fully covered.

post-69910-0-09411500-1456214726_thumb.j

post-69910-0-95775000-1456214736_thumb.j

Regards Bryan

I like your Ideas --- Wild Bill46

G'day Guy's,

Well time I uploaded some pic's of the wallets I make, made from veg tan kangaroo hide and fully hand sewn.

attachicon.gifwallet outer.jpg

The wallet has 6 pockets to fit credit cards then a central length long pocket which can hold many more cards like businees cards etc and the other side of that pocket can be used to hold small change. Now instead of using a zipper (which would fail in time ) I came up with an idea of using a flap that when in the back section of the wallet can hide cash notes which other notes can sit in the same section. This gives the ability to hide cash notes. The flap can also totally cover the rear section so cash is secure.

Now I don't use closing clips as I found once these wallets are in your pocket they soon mold to your pocket and stay self closed. The one I made for myself 15 years ago is still going and look like it is still reasonably new.

attachicon.gifwallet inner 1.jpg

The pic's below show the rear flap first totally in the rear section then the second pic show the rear section fully covered.

attachicon.gifwallet inner 2.jpg

attachicon.gifwallet inner 3.jpg

Regards Bryan

hey Bryan, I like the design :) What are the dimensions?

really cool idea! Hell i never really use the zipper in my wallet anyway (other then a small zipper pocket to keep my keys and a pendent in

G'day Guy's,

Making this wallet is pretty easy, now first I make the wallet inner. The front section is 150 x 220 and the 150 is folded in 1/2. So put a score line on the flesh side. The pockets are make 60,50,40 with a 10mm lower measurement, I cut the top section 10mm longer skive then fold over gluing it in place. Then on the fold section from the centre measure 1/2" from the centre and cut 60mm high each side for the 3 pockets. Glue the 3 pockets together and glue 5mm along the side that goes in the cut line. Then I handsew the pockets in, as it's only 6mm one has to make sure the stitch line is straight. Once both sides are done glue the flesh side fold and press together making sure no air pockets or folds happen. Thats the front section complete.

The middle pocket is 220 x 85 allowing for the fold over of 10mm so skive and glue. With the flap that is 220 x 35 allowing for again 10mm fold over. now cut the rear section 220 x 95 and glue the middle and front section on and thats the wallet inner complete. Also cut a 20mm radius on each corner as this make the outer section fold over that much easier.

Now pick the outer leather and glue the wallet inner in so flesh side to flesh side. Cut the outer with say 10mm proud then wet the flesh side as this will make the fold over operation easier. for the radius I use a setting tool as the guide then with a hammer and tool form the fold over so it is uniform around the whole wallet. Once that is done let it fully dry then glue in place. Then scribe in a stitching line with groover on both sides and i use 6 stitch per inch but each to their own.

I did say it is easy and it really is.

Regards Bryan

Edited by Bryan1