tboyce

Anyone Work With Buttero Leather?

I saw that Rocky Mountain Leather Supply is carrying Buttero leather now. It looks really good and I wonder if anyone has had any experience in using it before. How does it stack up against...say...Horween or Wickett and Craig?

I have a couple of sides that Tandy unloaded on me, it's soft and plyable, it might make a real nice pony express bag. It all depends on your experience

I looked at their site. All I can say is, "WOW!

Oriental folks have the touch when it comes to intricate design and perfection in their work.

I only wish the miserable trash we are exposed to by the Chinese in almost every avenue of our life these days, would stop.

Honestly, I think I would gladly do without.

ferg

I've been using it for wallets, and I am really impressed with the quality. You can get perfect edges with it, as it is a full veg tan. I love it. I didn't know Tandy has ever stocked it, that would surprise me! 

I think it's totally worth buying a half hide- i bought the 3oz and it makes for great wallet leather, especially for the interior.