skylerbarger

Wallet Question.

I've played around but can't seem to figure out the best ratio on the dimensions of the wallet back compared to the dimensions of the interior part where the bills go. In order to fold it there must be a larger piece on the outside than on the inside but I can't seem to get it right. Tips? Tricks? Does anybody have rough dimensions or a rule of thumb that will help me out? Thank you in advance.

When you fold your exterior panel, the interior should fold without any binding. I want to say it about 1/2" to 9/16" space total. Check out Joyce at Black River Laser.com. I believe she may have some templates up for sale. When I get up to the shop, I can check, but I am sure that someone will chime in before that. Good luck

The rule of thumb I've often seen is to make the inner part of the wallet 1/8 inch shorter than the outside. Also, check out the Patterns and Templates section as I think there are several wallet designs listed there.

It also depends on the leather being used. I've seen it from 1/8 to 1/4". And yes there are a few in the pattern section.

I normally make my pockets 4" with 1/2" between the 2 sides for a total of 8 1/2"x 3 1/2" and the outsides I make 9"x 3 3/4".

My outsides I usually use 4-5oz, the inner piece I usually split down to 3oz and my slots I split down to 2ish

This gives me a nice 6 slot wallet

Edited by Halitech

Thank you everyone for this information. This helps a lot.