Dwight

Designed by Katsass, executed by Dwight

I have kind of shied away from making a lot of pancake holsters, simply because I've seen some worn that I wouldn't put my worst enemy's gun in, . . . they were all loose, floppy and more like a flannel bag than a leather holster.

I tried Katsass' method of making them, . . . and I've become an enthusiast at least, . . . and in all probability, . . . a convertee.  "THANK YOU", Mike.

It is not readily apparent, but the holster is 4 pieces of leather: front and back each made of two bonded pieces of veggie tan.

I think it could be marketed as the 11th round, . . . 8+1 coming from the 1911, . . . the 1911 itself being the 10th round, . . . and the holster, removed from the belt, could be the 11th round down range.  Certainly if a guy was hit up beside the head with this at any speed at all, . . . it would certainly get his attention.

I was also surprized at how well this process takes to the molding detail.  I kinda figured it would not do well, . . . pleasantly surprised that it molds very well.  This is for a full size 1911 that has a rail on it.

Anyway, sorry the picture is not of better quality, but all black holsters don't photograph really well.

May God bless,

Dwight

holster.jpg

holster.jpg.7d369032024bc0aa786a58fe7a7d

Edited by Dwight

Very nice

The best and most profound poems often appear, outwardly, to be simple constructs. Only through contemplation does the deeper meaning wink at us, if we are lucky.  Here we have a beautiful interpretation of a poem constructed from leather and string.... no croc or python skin needed...just a wink sent back to you....if you are lucky. Nice one Dwight. More pics please.

Edited by SooperJake

I may have to try one of those myself. Looks good.

Dwight, thanks for the mention, and I'm glad that you find that this style works as well for you as it does for me.  mike