David Bruce

Estate Sale Tool Collection Find

This weekend I picked up this collection of leather working tools and books. It was obvious that the previous owner took pride in his tools. I was glad that I could give them a good home and keep them together. I also found an unexpected bonus inside one of the books!

Screen shot 2016-04-19 at 8.26.28 PM.png

Screen shot 2016-04-19 at 8.26.41 PM.png

Nice haul !!!

Chris

What a find!! an autograph by the Stohlmans. You covered the previous owner's name, anyone famous?

I've been going to local estate sales hoping I too can run into something like this. Also keep an eye out for framed wall art. Maybe an original tooled item from Al. One day.

So how much are you asking for the tools? LOL!!!!

Wanna hear something funny?  I made the hour drive from Chicago for that exact same estate sale in Indiana to buy those tools so I could start learning Leather working!! I  was just behind you going in, I was number 12 in line and was behind you as she was putting "sold" tags on everything, have to admit I was kinda bummed out!  LOL   I'm glad they went to someone who is actually going to use them, not just re-sell them like most estate sale buyers do.  Was there a lot of doubles or worn tools? There was more than what you have pictured.

Yeah, those tools are happy in my workshop. I have been looking for an old collection like this for awhile. I use Barry King tools for the majority of my work but they are pricey and the new craft tool stuff is very poor quality. I'm excited to have more options on my designs and the nostalgia factor is very cool. I know that it looked like there were more tools than this but all of the tools from that sale are in this photo. They spaced them out on the holders and put some in that tackle box to make it look like more and to charge separately.

There were only two duplicate craft tools. I passed on the small mallets since I use mauls.