So we principally make gear for civilian CCW -- super heavy-duty belts, OWBs and IWBs with steel-reinforced  throats, etc.  But my son does gun shows for us occasionally, and he's always promising someone that we'll (meaning me) take on some, er, interesting, job. Like the time he promised some fellow I could renovate a 100-year-old leg-of-mutton shotgun case. I added a few new blisters from the hours I spent hand-stitching with my arm up inside the case.

So at a show he meets some fellow who's always wanted the rare WWII US Officers 1911, belt and holster set.  He found a belt and mag pouch, but needed the gun and holster. So he had someone make him a gun, and my son promised we'd make him a holster.

The original set is in the first picture. The pictrues that follow show the customer's gear. He's a happy camper. 

I originally made the holster out of the usual drum-dyed Hermann Oak we make much of our gear from, but it just didn't look right. The Bucheimer holster was made out of some extra heavy leather with a real glossy finish.  So after chewing on it for a while, I remade the holster out of 14-ounce black bridle leather, and then finished it with a coat of Angelus black acrylic leather finish.   It really had the look of an original Bucheimer.

The customer is a happy camper and sent the pictures.

MGE90-Z-CU36-H.jpg

M-15 001.JPG

M-15A1 017.JPG

M-15A2 004.JPG

Fantastic job on the repro! 

Definitely a good job, . . . 

May God bless,

Dwight

Very nice 

well done.

Great job.  Nice interpretation and it looks great.

Stu