KBarRanch

Uploading pics off iPhone?

Does anyone post pictures off their iPhones? If so how do you adjust the size of the pictures? Even when I try and upload one it keeps telling me the max is like like 1.46mb, how do you get around that?

I don't use a iphone, but 1.5M is a pretty big pic.  No way to reduce the file size?

On my Galaxy s6, pictures taken from the phone are about 5-6 Mb, which is 5312x2988 resolution. I use to upload my phone pics to photobucket, then share the photos on the website using the photobucket hosting links. That way I didn't have to go through the PITA of reducing image size to upload them directly to the site. With the new site upgrade, I was no longer able to do that. Anyone know if they fixed that or are working on fixing it? Its a major PITA to reduce photo size from my phone. I have to upload them to the computer or email them to myself, then reduce them, then upload them.

Not sure I'm a younger fella but not tech savvy at all and most of my pictures are on my phone. I could always upload them to a computer and try to down size but was just wondering if you could off your phone. 

I wonder if that would work if I could find some kind of app to download them then try using them? I'll have to look into that. I wish on this website you could just select from your photos and upload, most my pics are always off my phone. 

I'm an Android user but I'm sure there is an app for the iPhone.  I just connect my phone to my PC and copy the pics to a folder.  Then I go to picresize.com and select the picture I want to resize.  I select the 75% smaller option and click the resize button.  Once done you have the option to save the new size back to your PC.  

I know still a pain, but a whole lot easier than years ago....;)

11 hours ago, Colt W Knight said:

On my Galaxy s6, pictures taken from the phone are about 5-6 Mb, which is 5312x2988 resolution. I use to upload my phone pics to photobucket, then share the photos on the website using the photobucket hosting links. That way I didn't have to go through the PITA of reducing image size to upload them directly to the site. With the new site upgrade, I was no longer able to do that. Anyone know if they fixed that or are working on fixing it? Its a major PITA to reduce photo size from my phone. I have to upload them to the computer or email them to myself, then reduce them, then upload them.

That's exactly what I do. I've never actually not been able to do it. I dont know why it doesnt work for you, but photobucket images embed without issue for me.

Test...

coad012_zps2qwox0wg.jpg

Edited by Martyn
adding pb image

Gunbelt3_zps0f129e84.jpg

They must have fixed it.

Edited by Colt W Knight
Testing

I figured it it out I just email it to myself on my phone. When I push send to mail it, it asks me to downsize the image. After I've sent it and downsized it I save it back to my photos and seems to work. Thanks everyone