littlewing6283

Loose Stitching backside on corners ?

I want to thank everyone that chimed into help with my foot issue. 

I have a new problem now and its driving me crazy and im at my wits end. My tension issue is literally giving me a tension headache hahahahha. Ive got it very close but now im stuck on how to solve this issue. 

I dont have issues on the straight runs. Its when I turn a corner Im having a loose thread on the underside. I make sure to turn with the need in the material just above bottom dead center. 

Any tips are appreciated. 

Facts:

Machine Consew P1206rb

Needle size 22

Thread 138 bonded nylon

Front

TLKmHZnl.jpg

Back

FLGzBrol.jpg

Back

pHVIHGrl.jpg

Pile of ANGER

R8wAuD9l.jpg

I think you just need to play with how far your needles comes in and out when turning to nail down the exact results. On my consew 206, I sew all the way to the corner, bring the needle all the way down and start back up ~1/8", left the pressure foot, rotate the material, then let the foot down and turn the wheel by hand watching to make sude the slack is all the way out

12 minutes ago, Colt W Knight said:

I think you just need to play with how far your needles comes in and out when turning to nail down the exact results. On my consew 206, I sew all the way to the corner, bring the needle all the way down and start back up ~1/8", left the pressure foot, rotate the material, then let the foot down and turn the wheel by hand watching to make sude the slack is all the way out

Hey Colt,

Thanks for the response. Do you think my tension is correct on the machine and I should stop futzing with it and just work on technique ?

Thanks

Looking close at your pictures, You may try using a #23 needle to give that thread more room. Ive had similar problems in the past that I fixed by going up a size in needle. 

Not sure of the machine but do you fully lift the foot or feet between doing the turn? When most machines lift the feet all the way up they loosen the top thread discs. If you are lifting all the way up try lifting just enough to not open the discs.

2 hours ago, Colt W Knight said:

Looking close at your pictures, You may try using a #23 needle to give that thread more room. Ive had similar problems in the past that I fixed by going up a size in needle. 

Hmmmmm, thats a good idea. I'll try to get my hands on some 23 needles thanks

1 hour ago, RockyAussie said:

Not sure of the machine but do you fully lift the foot or feet between doing the turn? When most machines lift the feet all the way up they loosen the top thread discs. If you are lifting all the way up try lifting just enough to not open the discs.

I do not fully lift the foot. Just lift it enough to turn the material. 

Argghhhhh this is driving me crazy now. Im not sure where to start in the troubleshooting process. Im going to try and pick up some 23 needles tomorrow. 

1 hour ago, northmount said:

Also read this topic

Tom

Thanks Tom ive been following that thread closely as well. Im literally at wits end right now. It would be ok then not ok again. Im hoping the needle change helps. Is there any trouble shooting process you can advise so I can work the problem ?

As mentioned in one of the posts, observe what the needle and hook are doing so you can decide what action you need to take.  I try to make turns either as the needle is entering the leather or just before it exits.  Also not to lift the presser foot too high and lose the top tension.

Tom

I dont want to count my chickens before they hatch but I think were good. Went up a needle size and played with the tension. 

On 6/17/2016 at 8:44 PM, littlewing6283 said:

I dont want to count my chickens before they hatch but I think were good. Went up a needle size and played with the tension. 

How exactly did you adjust the tension? I'm having this exact problem with my seiko. I'm also running 22 needles at the moment, just ordered 23 after reading this post