badger

What did you get?

What I got was an outrageously fun day with my family. It seems the older we all get, the more playful we are. It's like we're doing the opposite of growing up. This year, aside from all the traditional gaming we enjoy, we all got to be a rock band. Everyone from our 13-year-old niece to our 56-year-old brother was in on the act. Rock Band 2, that is! It was so bad I laughed until there were tears in my eyes! Especially when we tried to do Beastie Boys... What'cha what'cha watcha waaaaaaaant! LOL!!!

Kate

No one but my wife listened to me when asked what I wanted. That's OK....

I love books and got several gift cards to Barnes & Noble and Borders! Gonna use them quickly!

My wife's family are mostly "Caddilac Liberals" and we do give a few "joke" gifts. I gave my nephew/neice a roll of duct tape and labled it "babysitting material." They gave me some "green" grown organic coffee called "Bitches Brew." :lol::lol::lol:

Christmas Eve with my family was just fun this year. No gift exchange as most of them are financially in trouble, but we had a great dinner and did a lot of laughing and talking. I gave several of them leather braclets and a custom "Texas" belt for my nephew.

My wife who listened to me got me some wonderful slippers! She rocks!

I gave her a couple of CDs. I have to say that Sarah Brightman has an absolutely incredible voice! Even if you don't care for the style of music, it's just beautiful.

So my wife likes me a lot right now! :wub:

We're on vacation this week.............leaving Tuesday........

Thanks for the memory jog Kathy! I'm borrowing the inlaws' computer, so didn't look the other posts up. No offense taken, I hope :innocent:

I'm looking forward to testing it out. I ordered a beginner's Tandy kit for a customer's daughter, and promised them some scraps from low quality hides I have laying around. I'm planning on using the Skil to cut them off the bigger pieces.

I got music too: Celtic Thunder's two cds. I like Sarah Brightman, but I prefer Michael Crawford as far as Broadway voices. In the female set, I really like another Sarah: MacLachlan. (Probably just spelled a bunch of names wrong...)

I think I was the one raving about the skil cutter, isn't it great?

I got a gold plating machine. Been wanting one for ages.

An a couple more dremel sets with the router, saw & planer.

My mom loves me!

KAthy

So my wife likes me a lot right now! :wub:

Awwww... that is so sweet. Good for you!

Kate

Santa brought a wooden mexican saddle tree, with a pumpkin size gourd horn ( Pancho Villa style) and an 80 foot rawhide reata from Jalisco, Mexico. Will build me a "Cola de pato" ( duck tail) saddle soon. I must say that the workmanship is fantastic, both in the saddle tree and the reata!

Oldtimer - Would you post pictures of both? Love to see what these look like!

What did everyone get for Christmas?

I was really fortunate this year. I got 'Packing Iron', the historic book on western gunleather, and Chick Burrows' DVDs on holster and sheath making.

I now have creative asphyxiation, knowing I'll never have time to make eveything I want to.

How did you guys make out?

Cheers,

Karl

Well I mentioned to the girfriend that I liked Gerstner's tool boxes. She bought me one of the custom made Gerstner International toolboxes (made in China). She got a good deal from their website on a "seconds" one finished in oak. I'll be damned if I know where the mark/second is. It's now holding all of my tools which were spread all over the place includnig my computer desk.

I also asked for an Al Stohlman leather knife from my ex-wife and the kids. Unfortunately, they never arrived at the Tandy store, so she got me a scroll saw from home depot. I guess that's ok though, I just ordered a 1/2" Barry King knife. Hopefully I will like it.

Fred

Kind of leather related; my wife's folks gave me a Menard's gift card so now I can finish insulating the roof in my shed/workshop. Also got a book of short stories by Sonny Barger and " Indian Larry, Chopper Shaman". Our almost 2 and a 1/2 year old son made out like a bandit!

My wife snuck out to the Tandy Store and got together with Deb, the manager, and put together a box of leather working goodies from stains to stamps along with the 3 Al Stohlman "making leather cases vol. 1,2 & 3" and a membership card!!!!!!!!!! :notworthy:

Thanks for the memory jog Kathy! I'm borrowing the inlaws' computer, so didn't look the other posts up. No offense taken, I hope :innocent:

I'm looking forward to testing it out. I ordered a beginner's Tandy kit for a customer's daughter, and promised them some scraps from low quality hides I have laying around. I'm planning on using the Skil to cut them off the bigger pieces.

I got music too: Celtic Thunder's two cds. I like Sarah Brightman, but I prefer Michael Crawford as far as Broadway voices. In the female set, I really like another Sarah: MacLachlan. (Probably just spelled a bunch of names wrong...)

Tell me more about the CDs "Celtic Thunder" please. That sounds like something I might like to listen to. I never get tired of "Irish" music. I can listen to the same one over and over and over and over. Well, you get the picture? My wife is not as fond of it as I am. I bought a new one the other day for $2.00 called "Celtic Moods" performed on the panpipes. Very good!! Later Ronny

Tell me more about the CDs "Celtic Thunder" please. That sounds like something I might like to listen to. I never get tired of "Irish" music. I can listen to the same one over and over and over and over. Well, you get the picture? My wife is not as fond of it as I am. I bought a new one the other day for $2.00 called "Celtic Moods" performed on the panpipes. Very good!! Later Ronny

An absolute must if you like beautiful voices singing Celtic music:Loreena McKennitt. Believe me, you will not be disappointed!