MADMAX22

Cowboy 7205?

So saw this on the hightex site, 7205 and its various partners. Just curious how this compares to the 4500. I noticed the head of the unit is arranged differently but the overall casting is similar but some differences there as well. 

Anyhow can you guys fill me in. 

Thanks. 

The Hightex 7205 is sold in the USA as the Cowboy CB205. It is a clone of the now deprecated Adler 205 series. They are or were sold and serviced by Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines. I almost bought one when I got my CB4500. The 205 is much heavier and pricier than the 4500, but Bob said it ran smooth for its size.

Thanks Wiz. Finally found a few threads with some more info (not much) once I figured out how to search for it, think most of it is stuff you have posted. Kind of surprised these arent up on the various dealer websites over here. I guess the price over the 4500 would subdue the sales. 

Its great to hear some others interest,  I have had the part no.  printed on a paper tacked to the wall for 6 months at least.

7205 - Cylinder arm machine

AE: leather saddle and harness

BF: upholstery and the top stitching of such

I haven't searched here, just the company site ages ago.

good day there

Floyd

Edited by brmax

I think what spurred the interest maybe a year ago I guess was a more experienced comment something like, that it would good if one could have the 441 shuttle system and the 205 top system, I think that's it? may have been reversed.

No doubt another interesting machine discussion.

I just now? ( I need a sign ) checked out some old post on the cb205 here on the site, and recently this year remember seeing some workup videos Neel's did running through one of these machines.

Floyd

Anybody wanting more info on these Cowboy/Hightex 205 clones can call Bob Kovar, at: 866-362-7397. He knows as much about them as anybody I know of. Like i said earlier, I contemplated buying that model over the CB4500. The difference was a thousand dollars more and about a hundred pounds more weight.

And they don't sew any thicker than the 4500 & since they cost so much more we are selling the few we have left & do not plan on reordering.They come in 12,16 & 25" long arms.

Just to complicate things there is the 7205BV which is an entirely different machine...