jbird

Cowboy

here is a cowboy I made it is small about 3 inches, first go at it a least that small of a figure what do you think.

Josh :whatdoyouthink:

MAN.JPG

man1.JPG

post-6549-1230346223_thumb.jpg

post-6549-1230346243_thumb.jpg

Not bad for a little guy like that. Figure carving is a whole other ball park (IMHO), kind of like it is in drawing/painting/ or what not. Very difficult to master.

Good job, I like how your style carries over to whatever kind of work you try, work on it a little and it will be very good.

Very nice. Good details for a small piece.

Just couple things I seen. Need more boot...look like standing on pegs a bit. For some reason I think a smooth bevel might look better...seems maybe the textured bevel detracts from the figure. And was that gesture with the right hand planned? :)

Very nice. Good details for a small piece.

Just couple things I seen. Need more boot...look like standing on pegs a bit. For some reason I think a smooth bevel might look better...seems maybe the textured bevel detracts from the figure. And was that gesture with the right hand planned? :)

Thanks for the tips I will work on it, and it's not what think with the hand he was just pointing LOL

Josh

Not bad for a little guy like that. Figure carving is a whole other ball park (IMHO), kind of like it is in drawing/painting/ or what not. Very difficult to master.

Good job, I like how your style carries over to whatever kind of work you try, work on it a little and it will be very good.

Thanks for the input I will give it another go.

Looking good Josh.

Looking good Josh!

I think if you re-wet it just a little bit and and go over it with the modelling spoon and round off/dress all edges and re-shape things a bit with the spoon will give it a lift.

The modelling spoon is sotr of a magic wand for me!

Tom

Thanks Tom

I will give it a go over thanks a bunch.