I have received a lot of leather, a few pieces of which I need to let go to someone else that is willing to put it to good use so it isn't sitting around my shop waiting for me to figure out how to use it.  This particular piece is some really heavy sole bend leather, with the edge trimmed straight.  It appears to be 15 to 16 oz veg tan (roughly 1/4"), likely from Tandy, they seem to sell it for $125-$159 each side.  It measures about 56"x33", judge for yourself by the rulers in the photo.  I have included one photo of the back, and one of the front.  Tried to do an edge image, but limited to size of posting.  Perhaps it'll let me put one in later.

If I did tooling, I'd probably keep this one, but I don't know how yet.. so ...

Selling it for $75 + shipping.

15OzFrontLoRes.jpg

15OzBackLoRes.jpg

No takers?  Is the price off or does no one else use heavy leather?  I'm open to offers!

YinTx

I don't think your price is unfair. I just think most folks don't use stuff that thick. Those that do probably have some already. I would snatch it up at that price but I would have to find a use for it as well. Plus, things are tight around here right now.

Ever try making armor? If I had it that's what I would try.

Keep having fun.

Not too much into the armor thing, but if it doesn't sell, I may make a case out of it.  A small one, have to be able to carry it!  Already have a design in my mind...

Thanks for the reality check...

YinTx

Why not keep it and knock up some sandles YinTx? Easier than bags.

You posted plus shipping, from an unknown location.  Someplace in Asia?  Europe maybe?  Russia? I will never understand why people post things for sale without a location, about a guarantee to stop lookers cold.

Heh, my bad.  Just an oversight, thanks for noticing.  I am in Texas (YinTx).

And if it doesn't sell, I'll have plenty to make a case or two, and some shoes, great ideas.

YinTx

Sorry for jumping at you, but it is a pet peeve when I see people offer things for sale in a worldwide forum without reference to location. A lot of times I would buy something if I could drive over and say "hi" and pick it up. 

You are too far away in this instance, I would buy it for $75 shipped.  Add shipping and I could likely buy it from the store for less.  Sad reality of stores and shipping.

YinTx, is this still available? Any idea on shipping cost to Vermont?

Wdfd908,

It is available for now, PM sent.

YinTx

YinTx, I sent you a message. 

FYI, this item has been sold.

YinTx