I have used the Angelus Cordovan and like it much much better than the fiebings, Ive used their brick red and it was a wonderful wonderful color and applied nicely and evenly. So I just ran out of Angelus Cordovan and Fiebings Black and Mahogany and instead of replacing with Fiebings I went ahead and ordered some qt bottles from Angelus direct. With $75 shipping is free so it actually came out  cheaper than if I ordered fiebings from weaver even with the reseller price. I also got a pint of Brandy to try.

Angelus has some nice color choices but you really cant tell what they look like from the computer swatches So what I wanted to ask the group was if you have used Angelus Dye what colors made you do the happy dance?? Which ones should I try and if you have a pic of something you made with one of their colors that you think was cool ... could you post it?

I am a little nervous because I finally figured out the idiosyncrasies of the Fiebings line but ... really want to try something new and play with more colors.

Edited by Boriqua

No pics of the colors set off all by theirself .. like yours.  More like mixed in to something else... like scenery sometimes...

The red really IS red.. more than the fiebings, which when thinned is PINK. not "thinned red".  And the blues tend to be more blue, where the fiebing's cast a slightly green-ish tint when reduced (navy is almost black full strength).

And the coffee is pretty decent if you tire of the reddish tine in fiebing's browns..

Boriqua,

What color / brand is that last wallet?  Tan, saddle tan????

Thanks!

The last one is fiebings saddle tan.

17 minutes ago, keplerts said:

Boriqua,

What color / brand is that last wallet?  Tan, saddle tan????

Thanks!

Thanks.  The project I'm working on now needs to be a tan color and that looks pretty close to what I need.

The saddle tan can be kind of orangy if done light. For that one i dyed it then let it dry and dyed it once more. Hope that helps with your project!

Thanks, I'll do a couple test pieces before I do the real thing.  Thanks again!

I agree with you Bariqua. I really like the  colors that I tried from Angelus. I tried the Army Tan and Brandy dyes. I also tryed their acrylic paint, white and beige. I use an air brush with all their colors. The one thing that I really like is that you don't have to rub off the pigment for an hour. I had very little dye come off when I rubbed . I also like the fact that you can see the grain of the leather.

The acrylic paint is great, I had no problem with the air brush clogging. The coverage with the white was great with 2 coats. Sorry I don't have any photos. Clean up with soap and water. I want to try more colors, really nice product. 

Jim

I got my order from https://angelusdirect.com/

It was LIGHTENING fast. I ordered on a Saturday and had my stuff tuesday!?!

and

I got a swag bag of stuff.. I got a little nylon backpacky thing with their logo, a rubber bracelet with some motivational phrase on it, a dancing chili sticker and an Angelus sticker plus .. my dye .. Cool! I know I am well grown but .. the chili sticker is neat.

I am anxious to try the mahogany and compare it to the Fiebings Mahogany I have used for years. The angelus Burgundy is sweet as hell so I cant wait to see what the Brandy looks like. I had a big order to finish ... it was all black .. bummer.

The problem with Angelus is the headache ya git from trying to decide between all them colors.