makitmama

Lower my new Cowboy table?

I am trying to set up my new Cowboy 3500- this machine is quite heavy, and I know even with help we can't lift it up to the table at its current height. How do you raise and lower the table? I see 4 bolts, and two metal flanges that fold down on the front and back- I can't get them to shift, release, etc.

Does the manual not describe how to perform initial setup of the machine and how to adjust the table height? The machine must come with some kind of documentation. Bob at Toledo Industrial Sewing Machines is your contact, since you likely bought the machine from him. Give him a chance to earn his customer service brownie points.

If you want people other than Bob to chime in, we'll need some pictures at the very least. We really have no way of knowing what your table looks like or if it is similar to others we've seen. Some table stands have internal gas cylinders designed to balance the weight of the machine. If the cylinder is compressed with no machine on top and you loosen the knob, it may pop up and put hole in your ceiling or forehead.

All I can recommend is be absolutely certain that you can securely and safely install the machine head on the table before you ever pick it up - have a plan and a plan B. It may take half your foot off and likely self-destruct in the process if it falls off.

Edited by Uwe

You will need to gather a few more persons to help really. If this is initial setup and the machine head is not mounted yet the stand can still be tough raising. This is a excellent time to take every opportunity to establish the height you will "always want".

So its best with another persons help stabilizing, I'm not positive what type stand it has and so this can be a general instruction. The bolts on each end on the up-rights will have to be loose to enable the slide/raising if it is a standard "k stand", so with plenty of help stabilizing this is the typical procedure.

Have a nice day there

Floyd

ps: I'm in a case study now for the same, the need to raise the pedal base on one so to use any stools available for other machines that are set much higher on platforms. so take it slow and be careful

Yes,you loosen the 4-bolts,it helps to have someone holding onto the table top so it doesn't drop all the way down.