Sign in to follow this  
Wizcrafts

Please list your location and country in your profiles

Lately, there are a lot of new and existing members asking for assistance with leather sewing machine issues that live in other countries than the USA. Our forums are worldwide. But, many of the folks who are frequent commenters in the leather sewing machines section live in the USA, Canada and Australia. Most of the suppliers who advertise with us are in the US and Canada. We tend to think and reply in Dollars and SAE measurements, not usually in metric or Euros (with some exceptions).

It would help reduce confusion in our answers if we know where in the world you live. This is important if you are asking for prices, or a supplier of parts, printed manuals, or sewing machines. Prices and import taxes are different in various countries and in the EU. Measurements are different. Warranties may only cover certain countries.

You can add or change your location in your member profile. At least with a proper location (City, State/Province, Country) in your profile, people close to you can give you better recommendations than those who are continents away from you, or even just across the same country. Some may reply to you in your own language, as I've seen numerous times with our German members. It only takes a minute to edit your public profile to include a good location.

Hi Wizcrafts, how do I edit my profile? I've tried left clicking right clicking this is all new to me:huh:

7 hours ago, archerydude said:

Hi Wizcrafts, how do I edit my profile? I've tried left clicking right clicking this is all new to me:huh:

go to the top right of the screen to your username and click on it.  You should get a drop down box with selections for profile, settings, etc.

Tom

Hi Tom, thanks is there a cheat sheet any where  that shows you how to like PM other members, add photo's and copy some ones post, like you did with mine?

17 hours ago, archerydude said:

Hi Tom, thanks is there a cheat sheet any where  that shows you how to like PM other members, add photo's and copy some ones post, like you did with mine?

When you click quote, this (above) is what happens!

If you highlight a piece of text a box pops up "Quote Selection".  If you click on it, it places that selection in the reply box after the last post in the topic thread.  Just like this:

17 hours ago, archerydude said:

PM other members

There is an envelop icon just to the left of your username at the top of the current window.  Click it and see what happens.  To contact a particular person you need to start typing the username of that person and pick (click) on the list that pops up.  You can also hover the mouse over the username in a post and a box pops up.  One of the items at the bottom left of the box is "Message" which takes you directly to the PM System.

If you go to the main page  https://leatherworker.net/forum/ You can see a list of all the different forums with descriptions here on LW.  You will find one that is called "Computer Help".  It has "sticky" posts that stay at the top of the forum for common items that people often have questions about.   The top 4 threads are 1. How to post pictures on LW, 2. Inserting link into topic, 3. Picture resizing, 4. Tips on backing up your data.  All good topics to review.

Tom

@archerydude If you type the at '@' symbol followed by a username, click on their username from the popup list and type, they will normally get a email depending on their settings, for the post you are making.  Just like I did here.

Tom

Wiz, last year, I read a long, long piece you wrote about sewing machines. and I've been using it to help me decide what machines to consider. Yesterday, I thought I started a new topic asking about some sewing machines, but now I can't find my post.  Can you help me understand how to find posts I've already made on this vast forum?

37 minutes ago, Jollyshoemaker said:

Wiz, last year, I read a long, long piece you wrote about sewing machines. and I've been using it to help me decide what machines to consider. Yesterday, I thought I started a new topic asking about some sewing machines, but now I can't find my post.  Can you help me understand how to find posts I've already made on this vast forum?

You can use the search box near the top of each forum to search that forum, or all of our forums, for posts by author (in this case, you) or subject, or key words. You can also limit the search to a certain time period.

33 minutes ago, Jollyshoemaker said:

Two ways to go after this.  One is to go to the forum you posted in and scroll through the posts.  I see that you posted in "Leather Sewing Machines" yesterday.  So if you start at the home page, you can scroll through it to find that forum, select it, and again, scroll through the posts there.

Another quick method is to go to your profile, top right-hand corner of the page, select your username and pick profile.  Under it you will find a running list called "Your Activity".  On this list, you can select the posts you have made.

You can also pick your profile from your username/description on the left of any completed post by selecting the username.

Tom

Hallo, ik ben woonachtig in Balen

( België ) en ik heb onlangs mijn tweede Singer leder patcher aangeschaft als hobby. 

Toon