Windrider30

Leather bottle holder

Got a little bored still had a bit of scrap leather so figured what the hell might as well try this. Really tired of trying to get my water bottle out of my back pack when going for walks and we are getting into summer time here pretty soon so figured I would try and make a leather water bottle carrier that fits on my belt. My wife really hates that dye job on the center piece personally I really love it. Told her she is not the one that is using it I am and happy with it. I think the dye job brings parts of the leather out that you would not normally seen. By the way done with super sheen and black antique gel just not letting the super sheen dry over night only let it sit for about a half hour while I finished the tooling.

Don't feel like uploading all the pictures but here is a near step by step of doing it just uploaded the photos to imgur

http://imgur.com/gallery/qzBvf

leatherwater bottle holder.jpg

Nice!

On 10/3/2016 at 3:00 PM, Windrider30 said:

we are getting into summer time

YEP, it was hot today and looking to get hotter this week. looks good, and the centre piece looks good, makes the rest stand out. Really like the cog patterns you have used. 

p.s. How did you go with the storms up your way?

40 minutes ago, AussieMade said:

YEP, it was hot today and looking to get hotter this week. looks good, and the centre piece looks good, makes the rest stand out. Really like the cog patterns you have used. 

p.s. How did you go with the storms up your way?

Thankfully I am near DeeWhy so we did not get hit that hard, just a bit of wild weather and a little rain and that was it. Will give the bottle holder a test run in a day or two. Was thinking about putting a strap over top but figured before long I would get pissed off and just cut it off as it would get in the way of the bottle lol.

4 minutes ago, Windrider30 said:

Thankfully I am near DeeWhy so we did not get hit that hard, just a bit of wild weather and a little rain and that was it. Will give the bottle holder a test run in a day or two. Was thinking about putting a strap over top but figured before long I would get pissed off and just cut it off as it would get in the way of the bottle lol.

We were up at Rathdowney all last week and left just as the rain was starting on Monday morning, looks like we left just in time as Boonah looks like they got hit hard with rain.

Nice work on the tooling. The design overall is simple, elegant and functional.

Actually have to change the design a little bit, have to add a cross strap to it, seems the strap going down the middle is not wide enough, DOH, as it lets the bottle slide free if it shifts to the left or the right lol, ah well this is why its called a prototype!

if  you make the front piece wider, you may not need the extra strap

8 hours ago, Halitech said:

if  you make the front piece wider, you may not need the extra strap

Teue enough but currently have the strap attached via rivets and those are a pain in the ass to remove so going with another strap

I was thinking for carrier v2.0, not to tear this one apart and redo it