neilyeag

Craftaids

Never throw anything away.  I think I got these it the early to mid 60's when I first started doing this.  Craftaids_zpstxpasian.jpg

Edited by neilyeag
spelling!

Out of curiosity and believing - I think - that Tandy still uses or sell Craftaid templates . . have you checked to see if these particular examples are "out of print"?

11 hours ago, HENDREFORGAN said:

Out of curiosity and believing - I think - that Tandy still uses or sell Craftaid templates . . have you checked to see if these particular examples are "out of print"?

Yes I just took a quick look now.  No for sure these are no longer offered.  

Not sure if any of them are offered in the same fashion as what you have but you can get some "collection" Craftaid's that include some elements from them.  The Craftaid of today is not as good as they once were so I still spend all of time with tracing sheets and the other old school stuff as it the way I have done it since I started; can't seem to want to fix something that ain't broken.

great find. #2020 looks familiar from my dads shop

12 hours ago, bdpeters said:

great find. #2020 looks familiar from my dads shop

I bought these new in the mid 60's I think.  Always wanted to get good at figure carving, I thought these would help.  Guess what?  I never got good at figure carving.