rktaylor

Attaching Bit to Bridle

I'm looking for some creative ways to attach the bit to a headstall. I don't want to use Chicago screws. I like the looks of this blood knot, but I don't think it will work on my next headstall. I dreamed up this choice, which is just a piece of latigo with a small hole punched through one end. I don't know if it beats tying a knot in it. Any ideas or examples of other options? Thanks,

Randy

IMG_20161024_184947.jpg

IMG_20161024_185023.jpg

IMG_20161024_184917.jpg

Well Randy,

Like you, I kept looking at ways to attach the bit on headstalls.  I saw photos in catalogs, but never how to actually make the ends.  So, over the years I've worked up prototypes.  I've attached some photos.  The workmanship of these prototypes was quick and dirty; just to see if the design would work.  Please don't critique the work.

Photos 1 and 2 show two types of quick change ends.  Photo three and four shows buckle ends (two styles). And, photo five shows an attached bit strap and bleed knot.  A concho would be installed, but not shown.

Ron

Quick change.JPG

IMG_0849.JPG

IMG_0851.JPGBuckaroo Style.jpg

IMG_0856.JPG

Edited by Goldshot Ron
Added photo.

Ron,

Thanks for sharing. I've been thinking about something like the first two. That gives me some great ideas. 

Randy

Excellent ideas. Thank you for sharing Ron. I like the first 2 best as well.