jonnyR

New from Norway

Hello, I am a new beginner from "over the sea" - in Norway.

Unfortnantly it is difficult to find any really good sites here in Norway and also hard to fing good information about Leather crafting and hope to make many good friends in here over the time.

I am married, have 3 children and work in the chocolate industry, my wife is a nurse.

I have a Berneese mountain dog and an African Grey Parrot.

I would love to get a go at a new hobby and I would like to take up leather crafting, both because I want to learn to make wallets, belt, bracelets, chestguard and collars for my dog and because we are having BDSM as lifestyle - not easy with children in the picture... :)

I am an absolute newbie and are totally fresh, I have ordered a swivelknife, some dyes, and I have most of the basic equipment from before such as punsels and other things...

I was trying to get an idea on how to use Fasteners but I must seem to be missing out somewhere because I can't get it right...

Well, hope to get to know you all better and absorbe as much knowledge as possible!!

Jonny

Hi and Welcome to this friendly place:-)

I have not seen anyone from Norway before but we are a few here from Sweden (I'm living in the US) If you write to Johanna here, she can open up the adult section for you, we are a few "toy makers" here.

Have a great day//T

Hi and Welcome to this friendly place:-)

I have not seen anyone from Norway before but we are a few here from Sweden (I'm living in the US) If you write to Johanna here, she can open up the adult section for you, we are a few "toy makers" here.

Have a great day//T

Tina, we have 276ccm from Norway, the avid airbrusher!

Hello and welcome to the board Jonny!

As you've guessed I'm Swedish AND living in Sweden too (Gävle 200km north of Stockholm).

To learn more in this wonderful craft you have entered the right place. There is tons of awesome stuff and even more awesome artists/crafters here. From elite to beginners.

Atmosphere is very friendly and never be afraid to ask questions, no matter how silly you may think they are. There are no such questions and you'll most likely get help with what you need pretty fast from our members.

Tom

Edit: Oh, we love pics and they are often a good aid in describing a problem too.

Edited by TomSwede

Thanks for the greetings; always nice to see an awnser and also finally to see a place where there are some acctual activety :thumbsup:

Thanks for the greetings; always nice to see an awnser and also finally to see a place where there are some acctual activety :thumbsup:

Welcome!

We look forward to Seeing and hearing about your future creations!

This is probably the Most active Board I have ever seen..

:welcome:

Welcome, besides photo's of your leather work, how about a few Classic Nordic recipes once in a while. :popcorn::rofl: . Enjoy your foray into leather and don't be afraid to ask questions, as these are a great bunch of leather aficionados (read leathernuts!)

Welcome to the board.I am new to the foram as well but feel at home already!It is an active site with alot of talented craftspersons.i hope you can get everything you need here.How much of a problem getting supplies in Norway?

Hi y'all! About the supply problem in Norway; there are two very big companys operating in Norway on the leatherfront supplying foremost the Horse interested people but also have huge supplies to crafters, furniturebuilders, fashion/clothes crafters with a variety of hides/leather, skins, fuhrs and so on... - but - knowing they are so to say alone on the marked for Norwegians, they take whatever price they want.... many has turned to both Denmark and Sweden for more resonable prices, but they are also getting stronger economy so... many buyes more and more through internet (but that will lead me into another qustion posted else where). :coffeecomp:

Hi Jonny!

Welcome to the board.

Cheers,

Karl

Hei Jonny ! Välkommen ombord! jag bor i Östersund, Jämtland. ( öst tröndelag ) :-)

/ Knut

I am norwegian as well, and I have to agree with you that the prices here are high and theere ain't to much to choose from. I think the store manager at Skinnlaaven is trying to get Peter Main to hold a course here in Norway some time this year, and Jim Linnell was here last fall, and I think they are trying to get him back here again as well.

Try to call Skinnlaaven and speak to Arne Markussen (the store manager) he can usually get whatever they don't have in stock

Jørn Jensen på Lillestrøm og Skinnlåven på Norderhov er vel de to eneste leverandørene her i Norge, men selv om prisene er stive, så blir det ganske ofte billigere å handle fra Skinnlåven enn å kjøpe det på net fra Tandy i Storbritannia. Sleng deg med på et kurs på åven så blir du kjent med folk. Arne Markussen er alltid med på kursene der, og de gir 10-15% rabatt der. JJensen er billigere på enkelte ting, men jeg synes ikke de har det helt store utvalget.

Hilsen Øyvind på nordmøre

Well come to the forum. I have a few links I will get posted on how to make you own tools. Hope that would help. Just look around and you will find great ideas here for tools you can make and it is the BEST PLACE to get help or answers. You will be shock.