hotrodseth

Consew 226r-2 servo motor

bought a consew 226r-2, I would like to put a servo motor on it.

whats the best one?

That depends on your definition of best and your budget.

Edited by Uwe

Best thing to do is contact one of the forum sponsors, can't go wrong that way. You'll not only get a suitable motor but also help/advice if needed. (You can buy one via ebay etc from China but you're on your own if you have problems - unlikely but not impossible).

Thanks, I'm new to the sewing game, working on some auto upholstery, (traditional hot rods). I  just want the machine to slow down.

ive been practicing feathering the pedal, put some foam under the pedal, changed pulleys but sometimes it wants to go faster than I want, and a little unpredictable.

ive been looking at the quiete sew brands. 

Just looking for options with what works for you guys.

ill be sure to check out the sponsors.

I use the SewQuiet 5000 and now the 6000 on two different machines.  Both fine with the smaller pulley...I think it's either 50 or 60 mm.   There's another recent thread In which I asked about them too....being new to them as well.  They work good and seem as good as any with their specs.

One of the cheapest and perfectly functional option is a FamilySew FL-550 class motor with a small 2" pulley, available from several of our banner vendors and on Ebay.It's not the best, but it works just fine for many folks.

Edited by Uwe

Beat me to it guys, I finally decided to say something here. so

Hey Seth welcome to the site man, one can throw some serious money in this direction and so if I was ready or able, you would see me getting a 867 Durkopp Longarm sew machine at lots a $ with a Efka servo at about 900.

But hey let me get real, I mention some things on here and else where and some times it leads to purchases with sponsors and contributors of the site or other close industries.

With that take a look at the link and talk to Greg he can fix ya up with one of these and has had a belt in my other orders also and that's a cost advantage, also a good contributor around many sites in the sew machine arena. http://store.keysew.com/catalog/product/f12bce0ab9754bbc84a8055aaf375ffc

The older models can opt with a smaller pulley, On my present one as this its not listed with a smaller pulley and a reason I didn't ask about it was, My considering of different reducing pulleys for again my present machine. I am weighing two different types and if they will work on my table which is not a standard sew table. So I'm considering the new box type reducer setup or the early present post type that's been available, just haven't made a decision there. Though I would ask Greg if you could get and use a smaller pulley on the setup in the 6000sq link this option would help a hair bit, if not using a reducer "at this time".

good day

Floyd

Hotrodseth, you've certainly found the right place for any help you may need getting started. Clutch motors can be scary things for newbies and can take quite a bit to master (I couldn't!). A servo should slow it right down and may be enough by itself, but if you want to make it crawl then you'll probably need a pulley speed reducer setup too. This will also give you more torque at slow speed. If you're any good mechanically you can make your own or just buy one that you can bolt on.