kennedyk

Deck box for cards

Easy enough to reverse engineer.  Get some card stock and start folding.  But add your own touches to make it your own.

24 minutes ago, Tugadude said:

Easy enough to reverse engineer.  Get some card stock and start folding.  But add your own touches to make it your own.

im not yet good at stitching so a basic pattern for riveted box like this would be quite helpful 

4 minutes ago, kennedyk said:

I was working on reverse engendering it but i kept messing up on dimensions and got fed up, any tips ?

Make a square of wood the dimensions you need the inside to be, take thick cardboard and start folding it around tacking it in place. Make cuts and what not till it looks about right. Take the cardboard off and lay flat and there you go, fine tune it and your good to go. 

Al Stohlmans books on case making are very out dated "however" are very good for getting the basics figured out that you can apply to other projects. 

2 minutes ago, MADMAX22 said:

Make a square of wood the dimensions you need the inside to be, take thick cardboard and start folding it around tacking it in place. Make cuts and what not till it looks about right. Take the cardboard off and lay flat and there you go, fine tune it and your good to go. 

Al Stohlmans books on case making are very out dated "however" are very good for getting the basics figured out that you can apply to other projects. 

thanks I will give it a try and post my results, I also realized i brutalized the spelling of engineering 

Take a thin piece of cardboard or poster board.  Lay your deck box face down near the bottom.  Trace it.  Without moving the box, tip it up on end, trace.  Tip it on its back, trace. Tip it left, trace, etc.