Katlyn4jc

How do you color in fill laser engraved lettering

Hi y'all

l need help with my project. I have had a veg tan piece of laser engraved with a beautiful phrase. I have it painted dark brown after and l don't seem to see the phrase or lettering anymore. So I tried rub and buff in silver to help highlight /enhance the lettering but the the silver spreads over the dark chocolate part of the leather. Do l use a paint pen , or how do l go about this? Please help, thanks 

Hello,

I believe what your wanting is the look an antique dye gives. It highlights tooling or stamp impressions so they look darker than the rest of the surface. probably too late to use it now on your current project.

28 minutes ago, Mark842 said:

Hello,

I believe what your wanting is the look an antique dye gives. It highlights tooling or stamp impressions so they look darker than the rest of the surface. probably too late to use it now on your current project.

You can use antique after dye. You just have to resist first. It will slightly darken the whole project. Use black probably. Check the how to do section there is an instruction on how to antique also there are quite a few videos on YouTube. 

Try using a gel ink pen.

Just let the pen follow the engraved lettering. Seal after the ink had dried.